Nuclear imaging system basically involves the use of radioactive substances or tracers for the treatment of diseases. The radioactive substances are injected orally or intravenously and the imaging systems records the radiations emitted by these substances to create images of organs inside the human body. These generated images help the physician in better detection and diagnosis of the illness. The emergence of healthcare cum technology devices have addressed the increasing needs for better diagnostics. The technologically advanced imaging systems has surmounted the conventional systems in terms of precise and accurate images.
Rising cases of chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiac and neurological disorders, increasing awareness about the early diagnosis of disease and technological advancements have boosted the growth of the medical imaging systems market. Besides, rise in geriatric population, increasing expenditure on healthcare and growing demand for imaging system procedures are expected to further fuel the market growth. However, high cost of the imaging systems coupled with unfavorable reimbursement initiatives have restricted the growth of the market in developing regions.
Contemplating its segmentation, the market is divided on the basis of product type, application, end user and geography. The nuclear imaging system market is segmented on the grounds of product type into positron emission tomography (PET), single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and planar scintigraphy systems. The PET and SPECT systems can be sub-segmented as hybrid PET, standalone PET, hybrid SPECT and standalone SPECT systems. On the basis of application, market is segmented into oncology, cardiology, neurology and other applications (which include urology, gastroenterology and thyroid related disorders). On the basis of end user market is divided into imaging centers, academic research institute, hospitals and others (which include pharma/biotech companies). Geographically the nuclear imaging systems and equipment report is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and LAMEA.
Strategies such as product launch and collaborations have been adopted by the companies for market growth. GE Healthcare launched products such as Brivo XR118 (2015) and Brivo XR115 (November 2013) which is high frequency mobile generator to produce images of high quality. Besides, Philips also released its product such as Vereos Digital PET/CT, Ingenuity TF to improve the performance of PET/CT scanners.
The key players of this market include Royal Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Digirad Corporation, DDD-Diagnostics A/S, Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation, Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd., Mediso Medical Imaging Systems, Ltd., SurgicEye GmbH and CMR Naviscan Corporation.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential for the period of 20142022 in terms of value.
- The report analysis the segmentation of the nuclear imaging systems on the basis of end user and geography.
- Analysis of the examination of the factors that curtail and bolster the market trends for nuclear imaging systems for example increased cases of chronic diseases aid the market growth.
- The various players, leading companies their collaboration and their strategies to evolve the market growth rate.
- The report also emphasizes on the current prevailing trends of the market and their estimations from 2014-2022.
- Region wise and country wise oral biologics market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
NUCLEAR IMAGING SYSTEM AND EQUIPMENT MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Hybrid SPECT
- Standalone SPECT
- Planar scintigraphy
By End user
- Imaging centers
- Academic and research institute
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- South Africa