Occlusion Devices Market Outlook - 2027
Occlusion Devices Market is expected to grow in upcoming years due to factors such as rise in prevalence of heart related diseases and increase in demand for diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.
Occlusion in medical terms refers to blockage of blood vessels or hollow organs. Occlusion devices are medical deices which are used in treatment of several defects in the body of patient. Defects including cardiovascular, neurological, gynecological, oncological can be treated using the occlusion devices. The devices used for occlusion treatment are clinically tested and are effective for removing the occlusion from different parts of the body.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on Occlusion Devices Market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such increase in target population for the device usage and rise in prevalence and adoption of minimal invasive surgical procedures is expected to boost the market growth for occlusion devices market.
- Effective reimbursement policies regarding occlusion devices is one of the factors responsible for market growth.
- Increased expansion level for distribution and manufacturing of these devices in developing countries is expected to rise the occlusion devices market growth.
- However, limitations in procedure of CTO (chronic total occlusion) treatment, stringent regulations and compliances regarding approval of the occlusion devices for commercialization is expected to hinder the growth of market up to some extent over the forecast period.
- Scarcity of skilled professionals for minimally invasive procedures will restrain the market growth till some extent.
New Product Launch / News:
- In 2019, After receiving FDA clearance, Okami Medical announced the first use of LOBO on a patient in March. The LOBO (Low-Profile Braided Occluder) system’s creators designed it to provide interventional physicians with a single-device, one-and-done solution for the occlusion of various arterial targets without the need for multiple embolic devices.
- In July 2019, Avinger announced the commercial availability of “Ocelot” for the Australia region. “Ocelot” is an image-guided chronic total occlusion crossing system and has completed the registration with the “Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)” and has been permitted to be distributed throughout Australia.
- In May 2018, Abbott announced the availability of real-world results for their “AMPLATZER Amulet left atrial appendage (LAA) occlusion device” for patients suffering from atrial fibrillation. The results indicated that the device helped in the overall reduction of stroke risk, transient ischemic attack and systemic embolism, not requiring blood-thinners.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Occlusion Devices Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Occlusion Devices Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Occlusion Devices Market Report:
- What are the leading market players active in Occlusion Devices Market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the market growth & why?
Occlusion Devices Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
ASAHI INTECC CO, Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, Terumo, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Acrostak Int. Distr. Sàrl, DePuy Synthes, Stryker Corporation, Abbott, KYOTO MEDICAL, Penumbra