Offshore Wind Energy Market Overview:
Global Offshore Wind Energy Market was valued at $2,727 thousand in 2016, and is expected to reach $11,334 thousand by 2023, registering a CAGR of 19.4% from 2017 to 2023. Offshore wind energy, also called as offshore wind power, is the utilization of wind farms constructed off the shore or on the continental shelf to harvest wind energy for electricity generation. Offshore wind power includes inshore water areas such as fjords, lakes, and sheltered coastal areas, which utilize conventional fixed bottom wind turbine technologies and deep water areas utilize floating wind turbines.
The global offshore wind energy market is segmented based on geography across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Global Offshore Wind Energy Industry Segmentation
Europe accounted for more than 90% share of the total revenue in 2016, followed by Asia-Pacific. The developing countries in Asia-Pacific are anticipated to register steady growth rate, owing to increase in growth of the overall economy. Moreover, rise in investments by key manufacturers is another key aspect that fuels the market growth.
The key players have economically invested heavily in Siemens Wind Power, Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Goldwind Science and Technology Co. Ltd., Gamesa Corporacion Technologica SA, GE Wind Energy, Sinovel Wind Group Co. Ltd., Dong Energy A/S, Suzlon Group, Nordex SE, and China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Limited.
The other players in the value chain (profiles not included in the report) include Senvion SA, Alstom Energy Inc., Areva Wind, Clipper Wind Power, Doosan Heavy Industries, and Construction.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The report provides extensive qualitative & quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations of the global offshore wind energy market from 2016 to 2023 to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- It offers comprehensive analysis of key regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA, to understand the regional trends.
- In-depth analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers key insights on strategic analysis of various companies and the value chain analysis of offshore wind energy.
Offshore Wind Energy Market Key Segments:
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific