Air drilling is a process by which high volumes of air at high pressure are used to drill oil and gas reserves instead of using conventional drilling fluids. This method is considered to be more efficient and inexpensive as compared to other conventional techniques. There are several types of air drilling techniques, which are used depending on the nature and the condition of the drilling site that includes dust drilling, missed drilling, form drilling, and aerated drilling.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Type and Region
North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, UK, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of LATAM) and Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, South Africa, and Rest of MEA)
Air Drilling Associates Inc., Archer Ltd., Halliburton Co., Schlumberger Ltd., Weatherford International Plc., NexTier Oilfield Solutions, Baker Hughes Company, NOV, Altus Intervention and Expro Group.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the global oilfield air drilling market.
- Nationwide lockdowns are imposed by several governments to contain the virus; most of the business activities were either slowed down or put to a halt. This has caused a significant decrease in demand across the globe thereby affecting the growth of the oilfield air drilling market.
- Due to the travel restrictions on national and international transport the demand for food oil for petrol and diesel decrease to a great extent along with the prices of crude oil. This has caused severe impacts on the oilfield air drilling market.
- Moreover, the exploration activities of major companies were also affected due to the lack of workforce caused as a result of the lockdowns and travel restrictions. This has also caused serious effects on the oilfield air drilling market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The rapid industrialization and technological advancement has increased the demand for fuel across the globe. The oil field air drilling method is considered to be more efficient than other methods as it offers better result at a cheaper cost. With the rapid growth in the transport and automobile industries, there is a huge demand for petroleum products across the globe. The major companies coming up with advanced automated technologies and latest drilling methods such as the air drilling technique to maximize the productivity of the oil fields, is expected to boost the growth of the oilfield air drilling market. However, several incidents of severe accidents due to manual handling during the air drilling of oil field has hampered the growth of the global oilfield air drilling market.
The North America region caters for a major fraction of the global oilfield air drilling market due to the increase in number of exploration and drilling activities in the region especially in countries like the U.S. The market in the Middle Eastern region is also expected to witness a lucrative growth due to the presence of huge number of oil & gas companies in the region.
Key segments covered:
• Aerated fluid
• Nitrogen membrane
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global oilfield air drilling industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global oilfield air drilling market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global oilfield air drilling market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global oilfield air drilling market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Oilfield Air Drilling Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Expro Group., Halliburton Co., NexTier Oilfield Solutions, Weatherford International Plc, Schlumberger Ltd., Air Drilling Associates Inc., NOV, Archer Ltd., Altus Intervention, Baker Hughes Company