Surfactants are chemicals that efficiently lower the surface tension between a fluid and a solid, or between different fluids, in the oilfield. Surfactants used in the oilfield have a variety of physical and chemical qualities that can be used during the drilling, production, refining, enhanced oil recovery, and stimulation stages. Asphalting dispersants, corrosion inhibition, emulsifiers, demulsifier intermediates, oil-wetters, paraffin inhibitors, water-wetters, foamers, and defoamers are only a few of the applications. The chemical structure, specifically the structural groups on the molecule, determines the type of surfactant behavior.
The chemical structure, specifically the structural groups on the molecule, determines the type of surfactant behavior. The oilfield surfactant market is divided into three segments: drilling, production, and stimulation, as well as the uses described before. Furthermore, despite being a niche industry, there has been an increasing interest in bio-based oil surfactants for their environmentally benign benefits that can counteract the widespread environmental worries about the oil and gas industries.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 unprecedented crisis in 2020 continues to have a visible and significant impact on the global workforce, industry, country, and economy. The pandemic has hampered the supply chain, particularly in terms of raw material for oilfield surfactants. Due to the pandemic, businesses were forced to close their doors, resulting in a shortage of raw materials. The export or import of oilfield surfactants or raw materials had to go through a strict sanitization process and had to stay at docks during the peak of the pandemic, causing a supply chain disruption that also hampered the growth of the industry.
Top Impacting Factors
Over the projection period, the global market for oilfield surfactants is expected to increase at a rapid pace, particularly in oil-producing countries like China, the United States, and OPEC members. The demand for oilfield surfactants has risen in tandem with the rapid growth in chemicals, oil exploration, and extraction, as evidenced by the demanding EOR activities. Furthermore, rising interest in bio-based oil surfactants for their environmentally favorable results, which can mitigate the oil and gas industries' widespread ecological concerns, is predicted to offer profitable prospects for manufacturers. Emulsifiers, demulsifiers, biocides, and other surfactants would be in great demand at various stages of drilling, production, and stimulation in oilfields. Bio-based oilfield surfactants would also be in high demand as the globe moves toward a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future.
Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) is gaining popularity in the oil sector since it reduces costs and increases yield, which could enhance the Oil Surfactants market because EOR is only achievable with the use of such surfactants.
- Due to the expanding demand for energy by the residential and commercial sectors, there is a heightened demand for worldwide oilfield services.
- Well completion equipment and services, well intervention services, coiled tubing services, pressure-pumping services, Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG), and wireline services are all examples of oil field services. As a result, the worldwide oilfield surfactants market has seen an increase in the need for oilfield services.
- Non-ionic surfactants are effective at emulsifying oils and are commonly used in cleansers that emulsify oily soils and suspend particle soils. In the oil and gas sector, non-ionic surfactants are used to reduce interfacial tension and can be used in difficult conditions such as high reservoir temperatures.
- In comparison to their rivals, they are highly biodegradable and have a longer shelf life. Oilfield surfactants market expansion should be aided by low toxicity and high sustainability associated with petroleum-based replacements, as well as rigorous regulations planned for the use of bio-based products. They are used to reduce pollution and raise consumer knowledge of the benefits of using bio-based products.
- Bio-based surfactants are made from biomass such as cereals, vegetables, oilseeds, co-products, and waste. Synthetic surfactants are made using crude oil as the raw material, whereas bio-based surfactants are made from biomass such as cereals, vegetables, oilseeds, co-products, and trash. Microorganisms such as enzymes, bacteria, and fungi are also sources of these compounds. These are safe to use and biodegradable.
- Over the forecast timeframe, the increased desire for environmentally friendly replacements to reduce pollutant levels would fuel demand for bio-based surfactants in the oilfield surfactants market.
- Growing interest in bio-based oil surfactants for their environmentally favorable benefits, which can help offset the oil and gas industry's widespread ecological concerns, is predicted to offer profitable prospects for producers.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the oilfield surfactants market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the oilfield surfactants market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the oilfield surfactants market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed oilfield surfactants market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Oilfield Surfactants Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the oilfield surfactants market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is oilfield surfactants market?
- What does oilfield surfactants market allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make oilfield surfactants market critical organizational asset?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Oilfield Surfactants Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Flotek Industries, Evonik Industries AG, Rimpro-India, Stepan Company, Huntsman Corporation, Enviro Fluid, Weatherford International, CP Kelco Oil Field Group, Croda International PLC