Oleic acid is a fatty acid that occurs naturally in various animal and vegetable fats and oils. It is an odorless, colorless, oil although commercial samples are yellowish. In chemical terms Oleic acid is as monosaturated omega-9 fatty acid, abbreviated with a lipid number of 18:1 cis-9. The word has its origin from Latin word oleum, which means oil. Oleic acid is the most abundant fatty acid in human adipose tissue, and the second in abundance in human tissues overall following the palmitic acid.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic is having a huge effect on the chemical distribution industry.
- The supply chain has been shattered.
- Firm’s order amounts have also taken the brunt. Lockdown policies imposed by countries around the world have affected the industrial and commercial sector’s output cycles considerably.
- The global oleochemicals industry has been significantly damaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, this has had a detrimental impact on the demand in the global oleic acid market. The production of oleic acid is expected to be drastically affected in the immediate future which will lead to a low rate of production, stockpiled inventory issues, and decline in labor supply.
- A decline in consumer spending is expected to negatively hamper the demand side of the oleochemicals industry worldwide, which includes oleic acids, thereby restraining growth of the global oleic acid market.
Top Impacting Factors
Corporation in the global oleic acid market depend mostly on food applications to generate revenue. Manufacturers are more focused on buyers in the Mediterranean region, where the population consumes a lot of MUFA from olive oil. The Hanwoo beef industry in republic of South Korea has also been observed to favor olive oil intake, owing to their diet’s high content of saturated fatty acids, which are linked to several health issues. People suffering from cardiovascular diseases prefer oleic acid because of its cholesterol-lowering ability.
- Applications of oleic acid fatty acids in the markets is its use of cosmetic products because oleic acid is naturally produced monosaturated omega-9 fatty acid present in several plants, comprising olives, grapes seed cosmetic products.
- Oleic acid producers are expected to benefit from production of value-added oleic acid derivatives and increased spending in downstream oleic acid usage.
- Cosmetic firms are stepping up their R&D activities to mix oleic acid with various lipids to enhance the skin calming capabilities of their items, consumers who have sensitive skin or dry skin prefer oleic acid.
- Olive oil as well comes with a lot of oleic acid.
- Oleic acid regulates the human immune response, this monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA) is gaining popularity rapidly.
- Moreover, oleic acid can also be used as a supplement for dietary saturated fat, which lowers the likelihood of cardiovascular disease in humans.
- Therefore, people with high cholesterol are turning toward olive oil and business in the global oleic acid market are expanding their olive oil production capabilities.
- Government rules and regulations has put forth to promote maximum use of bio based compounds during the manufacturing of products has also helped to boost the market demand of oleic acid.
- Production of oleic acid might get affected due to the changing environmental conditions which might hamper the availability of raw materials
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the oleic acid industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the oleic acid market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the oleic acid market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed oleic acid market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the oleic acid Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the oleic acid market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Oleic Acid Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
KLK OLEO, Wilmar Group, Akzonobel, Timur Oleochemicals Malaysia, Cisadane Raya Chemicals, Pacific Oleochemicals Sdn Bhd, Musim Mas Group, Ecogreen Oleochemicals, PT. Dua Kuda Indonesia, Sichuan Tianyu, Emery Oleochemicals, Eastman, VVF Fatty Acids, Southern Acids Industries