Surgical light is another name for operating light. An operating light is a medical device used to help medical professionals during any surgical treatment by illuminating a specific area or a body cavity of a patient. The nature of the light which has facilities of homogeneity, lux, light field measurement, shading version, and battery capacity can achieve the right light focus. An ideal operating light eliminates shadows while highlighting small pieces of the organ or tissue. Furthermore, operating lights provide a consistent shading version, outstanding shadow control, and reliability
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that first emerged in late December in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China. The virus that causes, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is highly infectious and is transmitted from person to person. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries across the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
There is an increase in the demand for medical supplies needed for the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the primarily used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. COVID-19 has also resulted in significant increase in the demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. The need for medical supplies has increased among both from the healthcare professionals and the civil population for precautionary measures, owing to rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have an opportunity to profit from this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure appropriate and consistent supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the operating light market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in the number of surgical procedures, rise in number of hospitals and clinics, surge in acceptance of advance LED surgical lights, increase in demand for specific operating light systems such as LED operating lights, shadowless surgical lights, and replacement of traditional lights are the factors that drive the growth of the operating light market.
- Furthermore, high demand for cost-effective and energy-saving LED operating lighting, government campaigns to encourage the adoption of LED operating lights and favorable government policies, development of advanced operating light systems, emerging technology in developing countries, and collaboration among the key market players boost the growth of the operating light market.
- However, the voltage and sensitivity related to operation of LED limit the growth of the operating light market.
- Rise in demand for smart operating light systems as well as private and government funding to promote development is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market expansion.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Getinge AB, a Swedish lighting arrangements supplier, announced the launch of Maquet PowerLED II careful light in 2019. According to the organization, the item provides without shadow and great brightness which aids in ideal representation while performing medical procedures in the operation theatre.
BihlerMED in collaboration with View Medical, launched SurgiLight, a surgical light which is a flexible and sterile surgical headlamp, in 2019. light. This product includes an LED light source and can be securely mounted on any type of operating table.
Waldmann, a luminaire manufacturer introduced the revolutionary TRIANGO 100 in 2018. It is a light for minor surgery and can boost optimum light conditions at 100000 lux at one meter and has precise color rendering.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of operating light market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the operating light market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Operating Light Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the operating light market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "operating light"?
- What is the prediction of the "operating light" market in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "operating light" market?
- What are the current and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "operating light" market report?
Operating Light Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Steris, Stryker, Merivaara, Skytron, Berchtold, Draeger Medical, Karl Storz, TRUMPF, Mizuho OSI, Eschmann, Getinge, Kenswick