Surgical devices are used for treatment of various eye-related diseases such as cataract, glaucoma, and refractive error, which pose as a health burden globally. These devices are used mainly when the disease is not diagnosed at an early stage and thus cannot be treated by using eyeglasses or medication. There is an increasing demand for ophthalmic surgical devices to avoid visual impairment and loss of vision, which is increasing at an alarming rate worldwide.
The global ophthalmic surgery devices market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to factors such as rapid technological advancements, and rapidly aging population coupled with increasing incidence of eye-related diseases such as glaucoma, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and refractive errors. Although these factors encourage the growth of the market, a dearth of skilled professionals with expertise in ophthalmic surgery, low awareness related to the ocular diseases, and lack of healthcare infrastructure mainly in developing countries can restrain the growth of global ophthalmic surgery devices market.
The global ophthalmic surgery devices market is segmented based on type and region. Based on type, the market is divided into refractive error surgery devices, glaucoma surgery devices, cataract surgery devices, and vitreoretinal surgery devices. The market for refractive error surgery devices is further segmented into excimers and femtosecond lasers and microkeratomes. The glaucoma surgery devices are categorized into implants and stents, glaucoma drainage systems, and glaucoma laser devices. The cataract surgery devices are further classified into intraocular lenses, viscoelastics, and phacoemulsification systems. Similarly, the vitreoretinal surgery devices are further segmented into vitrectomy machines & vitrectomy packs, photocoagulation lasers, and illumination devices.The market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The ophthalmic surgery devices market is highly competitive in nature with major players focusing on strategies such as development and launch of innovative products, R&D investment for advancement in ophthalmic surgery devices, and merger and acquisition to sustain in the competitive environment of the global ophthalmic surgery devices market. The major players in the ophthalmic surgery devices market include Novartis AG, Abbott Laboratories, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., and others.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global ophthalmic surgery devices market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise ophthalmic surgery devices market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Ophthalmic Surgery Devices Market Key Segments
- Refractive error surgery devices
- Excimers and femtosecond lasers
- Glaucoma surgery devices
- Implants and stents
- Glaucoma drainage systems
- Glaucoma laser devices
- Cataract surgery devices
- Intraocular lenses
- Phacoemulsification systems
- Vitreoretinal surgery devices
- Vitrectomy machines & vitrectomy packs
- Photocoagulation lasers
- Illumination devices
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA