One of the oldest modalities used in imaging is known as ultrasound. Sound waves are released in the body, and the returning echoes can be elucidated. It has been used broadly as it is used easily on bedside. This helps to avoid the patient from getting exposed to the ionizing radiation. This technique has been used in various fields such as gynecology, obstetrics, and cardiology. However, there have been limitations when it comes to its application in ophthalmology. In recent years, various upgrades are introduced that help ultrasonic rays to be used as a powerful tool in the assessment of ophthalmic pathology. This helps to create new and high detailed 3D reconstructions and images where manual scanning is not required.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To take care of the infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices, such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor, are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment, including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses.
- With rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the micro syringes market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Increase in frequencies of eye diseases; prevalence of disorders, such as glaucoma and cataract, are affecting the daily life of patients gradually increases the need for ophthalmic ultrasounds; and rise in new technological platforms that provide reliable, safe, accurate images are the major factors propelling the growth of the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market.
Many manufacturers have been funding R&D activities for upgrades and innovation in the diagnostic and surgical platforms, which ultimately increase the demand for devices from both the patients and the hospital's end. Rise in cases of diabetes; new and technologically upgraded devices at inexpensive prices; awareness of cataract surgeries; initiatives and other programs that help with devices’ usage in clinics and hospitals; acquisitions & mergers by various key players are the other factors affecting the growth of the . Moreover, rise in new devices at a substantial rate and strict rules & regulations are the major challenges faced by the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market. Additionally, there is a long approval timeline from the FDAs due to stringent policies, which leads to expensive cost by the medical devices’ manufacturers.
New product launches and acquisitions to boost the market
On May 6th, 2019, Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd. introduced its new technology of Eye Prime diagnostic ultrasound, which helped in pathology evaluation, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave approval for the same. On March 9th, 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Quantel Medical for its Next-Generation Compact Touch Ophthalmic Ultrasound Platform. On February 7th, 2017, Rauland-Borg Corporation was acquired by Ametek, Inc. which helped to raise the strength of intelligent technology solutions.
Surge in usage in hospitals applications
Hospitals, eye research institutes, ambulatory surgical centers, and ophthalmic clinics are part of the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market. Among them, hospitals are the biggest end-users in the market. This is due to the support of the government and the high rise in patient pool. Government initiatives and other programs, such as upgrades, in the eye care in different regions drive the demand for ultrasounds in hospitals.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the ophthalmic ultrasound systems market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the ophthalmic ultrasound systems market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the ophthalmic ultrasound systems market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ophthalmic Ultrasound Systems Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Appasamy Associates, Micro Medical Devices, Inc., NIDEK CO., LTD, Quantel Medical (Lumibird), Escalon Medical Corp., Ametek, Inc., Optos plc (Nikon Corporation), Halma plc, Ellex Medical Lasers Ltd, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG