Opioids are drugs that act on the nervous system to relieve pain. The term opioid refers to all substances (exogenous or endogenous) with morphine-like properties. Opioids are the most widely prescribed medications to treat moderate to severe chronic pain. These analgesics are used to manage pain in cancer patients and to treat severe constant pain in patients who suffer from terminal illnesses
The growth in the incidence of orthopaedic diseases & chronic pain are anticipated to augment the market growth. Furthermore, rise in disposable income and surge in the global geriatric population are expected to propel the global opioids market. However, emergence and legalization of cannabis as an alternative to opioids impede the growth of the market.
The global opioid market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and geography. Based on product type, it is divided into codeine, fentanyl, meperidine, methadone, morphine, and hydrocodone. On the basis of application, the market is divided into pain management, cough treatment, and diarrhea treatment. The pain management segment is further classified into neuropathic pain, migraine, back pain, osteoarthritis pain, cancer pain, and others. By geography, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Purdue Pharma, Titan Pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Allergan, Plc, Pfizer, Inc. have also been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of opioids in medical settings.
Opioids Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Pain Management
- Neuropathic Pain
- Back Pain
- Osteoarthritis Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Cough Treatment
- Diarrhea Treatment
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA