Optical Coating Market Overview:
Global optical coating market size was valued at $7,794 million in 2015, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% to reach $12,351 million by 2022. Optical coating is an amalgamation of thin layers of films that produce interference effects to improve transmission and reflection properties of an optical system. Coatings improve optical functions and protect the optic from extreme environmental conditions. These coatings are manufactured using metals, oxides, and rare earth materials.
The global optical coating market is segmented based on type, technology, end-use industry, and geography. Based on type of optical coating, the market is divided into antireflection, high reflection, transparent conductive, filter, beamsplitter, electrochromic, and partial reflection coatings. Technology-based classification includes vacuum deposition, E-beam evaporation technology, sputtering technology, and ion-assisted deposition technologies. By end-use industry, the market is divided into electronics & semiconductor, military & defense, automotive, construction, solar, and medical. Antireflective (AR) coatings reduce the multiple surface reflectance and enhance the transmission of light through the optical substrate. By eliminating the stray light, these coatings enhance the contrast of the image. They are majorly used in corrective lenses, camera lens, and solar cells.
Global Optical Coating Market Segmentation
Top Winning Strategy
Antireflection coating is the most lucrative type for optical coating market, as it has large number of applications in electronics & semiconductor industry such as display units, memory, power, microprocessors, hard disc drives; and in construction industry, such as display cases, showrooms, restaurants, high-rise condominium, and apartments.
Optical Coating Market Top Investment Pockets, By Type
Filter coating possesses maximum potential for optical coating market growth, as it offers properties to attenuate or enhance an image, transmit or reflect specific wavelengths, or split an image into two identical images with controlled brightness levels. It is also used to eliminate unwanted noise from the pump laser source to obtain the optimum signal-to-noise ratio in spectrometers. This makes filter coating suitable for applications such as medical or cosmetic laser systems, tattoo removal, particle image velocimetry (PIV), planar laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF), light detection and ranging (LIDAR), and environmental monitoring.
Brazil is an active market for optical coating operating in the LAMEA region. Brazil and Argentina jointly accounted for approximately 50% of the consumption of optical coating in Latin America. The market in Latin America is driven by abundance of raw materials, development of ports to ease out transportation, increase in number of educated population, and availability of state-of-the-art production facilities. The region has also witnessed surge in the investment in telecommunication industry.
Brazil Optical Coating Market, 2014-2022 ($Million)
Key players in the optical coating industry that are profiled in the report include E.I. Dupont De Nemours company, PPG Industries, Zeiss Group, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., Abrisa Technologies, Newport Corporation, Inrad Optical, Inc., Reynad Corporation, Artemis Optical Ltd., and II-VI Optical Systems.
Other key players (not profiled in report) in the optical coating industry value chain are Optics Balzers, Zygo Corporation, and Optical Coating Technologies.
Key Benefits of Optical Coating Market
- This report provides an extensive optical coating market analysis of the current trends, future estimations, and dynamics from 2014 to 2022, which assist to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Geographically, the optical coating market is analyzed based on various regions, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Extensive optical coating market analysis predicts the applications that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Detailed analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the optical coating market framework
- Key players in the optical coating industry are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which portrays the competitive market outlook.
Optical Coating Market Key Segments:
- Antireflection Coatings
- High Reflection Coatings
- Beamsplitter Coatings
- Transparent Conductive Coatings
- Electrochromic Coatings
- Filter Coatings
- Partial Reflection Coating
- E-Beam Evaporation Technology
- Ion-Assisted Deposition (IAD) Technology
- Sputtering Processes
- Vacuum Deposition Technology
By End-Use Industry
- Electronics & Semiconductor
- Military & Defense
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA