Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market Outlook – 2027
Optical emission spectroscopy helps determine the elemental compositions of various range of materials. It is mostly adopted by the metal processing industries to study bolts and rods, plates, wires, tubes, and other metallic samples. These optical emission spectroscopy products are usually designed to be suitable for maximum range of applications. Thus, they find their applications in end uses such as scrap & recycling, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, food & beverages, aerospace & defense, metals & heavy machinery, environmental, and others. Innovations in the electronic systems industry paves way for better and improved optical emission spectroscopy.
The global optical emission spectroscopy market is segmented on the basis of offering, form factor, detector type, excitation source type, end user, and region. Based on offering, the optical emission spectroscopy market is bifurcated into equipment and services. In terms of form factor, the market is categorized into portable and benchtop. On the basis of detector type, the market is divided into photomultiplier tube, solid state detector, and hybrid.
In terms of excitation source type, the market is categorized into inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy, and spark optical emission spectroscopy. On the basis of end user, the market is segregated into infrastructure, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, food & beverages, aerospace & defense, metals & heavy machinery, environmental, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global optical emission spectroscopy industry include Bruker Dorporation, Spectro Scientific Inc., Hitachi High Technologies Corporation, AMETEK Inc., Skyray Instrument Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc., HORIBA Ltd., Agilent Technologies, and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
The major drivers which lead to the optical emission spectroscopy market growth are stringent quality control requirements and safety regulations, high technological enhancements, and increase in functionalities technological products. But high cost associated with OES equipment and the lack of skilled employee for handling OES equipment may hinder the market growth. Moreover, rise in demand for multi-element analysis and increasing government funding and research activities are expected to boost the market growth further.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
PDA-8000, a new Optical Emission Spectrometer was launched by Shimadzu recently. It consists of discharge energy stabilized excitation unit and high resolution monochromator which helps in high sensitivity quantitative analysis of various solid metals such as copper, iron and steel and others. The installed software enhances maintenance support functionality and instrument monitoring, thereby achieving excellent operability. Moreover, it is also an energy saving model which helps in reducing energy consumption thus boosting the optical emission spectroscopy market growth.
Surge in Usage in Pharmaceutical Industry
The lab operations can be improved by utilizing advanced laboratory equipment as it is crucial for laboratories. Precise diagnosis of the ailment and its cause are facilitated by using the equipment in the laboratories. Moreover, the research and development projects funded by governments, research centers, private organizations, and others boost the demand for efficient laboratory equipment which has further led to the surge in the usage of optical emission spectroscopy in the pharmaceutical industry.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global optical emission spectroscopy market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global optical emission spectroscopy market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global optical emission spectroscopy market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global optical emission spectroscopy market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The global market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The global supply chain has disrupted and this disruption is temporary and this market will be less impacted compared to many other markets.
- So, during the meantime, this would be an opportunity for the companies to research and improve their products.
Questions Answered in the Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the optical emission spectroscopy market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the optical emission spectroscopy market size?
- How the current optical emission spectroscopy market trends will influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market Report Highlights
By Detector Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Agilent Technologies, Spectro Analytical Instruments, Anritsu Corporation, PerkinElmer, Shimadzu, Rigaku Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Horiba Scientific, JEOL, Bruker