Optical imaging is the technique for taking images of the internal body parts non-invasively. Visible light and photons are used to take the detailed image of internal organs and tissues. It also takes images of smaller structures includes cells and molecules. These images are used by doctors for diagnosis and treatment of diseases and also by scientists for different research work.
Optical imaging market is in emerging state mainly due to the use of non-ionizing radiations which reduces the radiation expose of patients. Also optical imaging has potential to differentiate between soft tissues using various properties of photons like absorption or scattering at different wavelengths. Furthermore, optical imaging is combined with different imaging techniques such as MRI or X-rays which provides enhanced images that is very useful for the study of complex diseases. Also, optical imaging can measure different properties of tissues and organs by using various colors of light with different wavelengths. However, factors such as high cost associated with the imaging process, stringent government policies and lack of skilled technicians are impeding the market growth.
The world optical imaging market has been segmented based on technique, product, therapeutic area, application, end-user and geography. Based on technique, the market is segmented into optical coherence tomography (OCT), photoacoustic imaging, diffused optical tomography, hyperspectral imaging and super resolution microscopy. Based on product, the market is segmented into imaging systems, software, lenses, illumination systems, cameras and others. Imaging systems are further segmented into optical imaging systems and spectral imaging systems. By therapeutic area, market is segmented into neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, dentistry, dermatology and others. Based on application, the market is segmented into pre-clinical and clinical research, pathological imaging and intra-operative imaging. Based on end-user, the market is segmented into diagnostic imaging centers, hospitals and research laboratories. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Healthcare giant such as Abbott has acquired St Jude Medical in April 2016 creating a high growth in cardiovascular market, atrial fibrillation market and neuromodulation market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Abbott, Bioptigen, Inc., Topcon Medical systems, Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Heidelberg Engineering, Inc., Santec Corporation, Headwall Photonics, Inc., AGFA Healthcare, Headwall Photonics, Inc. and Optovue, Inc. is also provided in this report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- In-depth analysis of the market has been done in this report based on market estimations of the key segments for the period of 2014‐2022.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world optical imaging market is provided in the report.
- The projections in the report are based on the current market trends and future market potential in terms of value for the period of 2014‐2022.
- Exhaustive analysis of the world optical imaging market by technique helps in understanding the different techniques of optical imaging that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of optical imaging helps in understanding the competitive scenario across various geographies.
- The key players operating in the global market along their growth strategies have been provided in the report to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- Analysis of current research and clinical developments within optical imaging market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
OPTICAL IMAGING MARKET SEGMENT:
The world optical imaging market is segmented as follows:
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Photoacoustic imaging
- Diffused optical tomography
- Hyperspectral imaging
- Super resolution microscopy
- Imaging systems
- Optical Imaging Systems
- Spectral Imaging Systems
- Illumination systems
By Therapeutic Area
- Pre-clinical and clinical research
- Pathological imaging
- Intra-operative Imaging
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- HospitalsResearch Laboratories
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Africa