Optical Networking and Communications Market Insight
Optical networking is a specific means of communication that use various signals encoded onto light for transmitting information among different nodes of a telecommunications network. These operate from a limited range of a local-area network (LAN) or for a wide-area network (WAN), having capability to cross metropolitan and regional areas crossing national, international as well as transoceanic distances. Optical networking and communication rely on optical amplifiers, wave division multiplexing (WDM) and lasers or LEDs for transmission of large quantity data with the help of fiber-optic cables. This form of networking is capable of achieving extremely high bandwidth enabling technology for today’s internet along with communication networks for transmitting vast majority of both human-to-machine and machine-to-machine information. Optical communication network uses infrared radiation transmission (IR) signals for transmitting data. An optical communication system in general uses a transmitter that encodes message into an optical signal.
Impact of COVID-19 onOptical Networking and Communications Market:
- Organizations should take hands-on steps by advising their staff and customers to be more attentive and cautious especially when opening links, emails or documents related to the subject COVID-19.
- Organizations should safeguard their detection and alerting capabilities are useful while keeping an eye on the impact of having many remote workers.
- The working of many security teams is likely to be reduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic thereby making detection of malicious activities difficult and responding to these activities even more complicated. Revising patches on systems may also be a challenge if security teams are not operational.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many employees working from home and students learning virtually, enterprise virtual private network (VPN) servers have now become a lifeline to companies/schools, and their security and availability will be a major focus going forward. There is a possibility that an organization’s unpreparedness will lead to security misconfiguration in VPNs thereby exposing sensitive information on the internet and also exposing the devices to Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. In addition to this, some users may utilize personal computers to perform official duties which could also pose a great amount of risk to organizations.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Rising adoption of cloud-based and virtualization services, growing number of data centers are the driving factor for growth of optical networking and communications market. However, cost is high can hamper the growth of market. Contrarily, deployment of LTE, and 5G networks, and adoption of IoT are the opportunity factor for global market.
Growth innumber of data centers
The demand for data storage is blowing up. Every video that is streamed or downloaded is stored. Every social networking site has its data stored as well. As a result, most of the information traveling over access networks moves back and forth between a data center and user. Approximately one-third of the traffic exiting data centers is used to communicate with other data centers, either for backup purposes or for efficiency in delivering information to end users. For each bit of information that enters a data center, approximately four bits are passed within the data center.
Large data centers have many thousands of connections, with an average transmission distance of less than 100 meters. New trends in optical fiber development have included wideband multimode fiber (WBMMF) designed for operation from 840 nm to 950 nm, to enable multiple wavelengths to be deployed on a single multimode fiber. Based on current trends, data centers will continue to grow, and it is likely that next-generation data center transmission will be 4x25G shortwave wavelength division multiplexing (SWDM) to enable 100-Gbit/sec transmission over a pair of wideband multimode fibers.
Despite the fact that optical networking installation costs are dropping by as much as 60% a year, installing fiber optic cabling is still relatively higher than copper cables. Because copper cable installation does not need extra care like fiber cables. However, optical fiber is still moving into the local loop, and through technologies such as PONs (passive optical networks), andFTTx (fiber to the home, premises, etc.) enabling subscriber and end user broadband access.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global optical networking and communications industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global optical networking and communications market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global optical networking and communications market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Optical Networking and Communications Market Report Highlights
By Data Rate
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Nokia, Ciena Corp., Fujitsu LTD., Adtran, Inc., ZTE Corp., Huawei Technologies Company, LTD., Infinera Corp., Finisar Corp., Adva Optical Networking, Cisco Systems, Inc.