Oral drug delivery is an essential part of drug delivery and pharmaceutical industry. People with a condition called dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) require oral administration of drugs. Thus, oral thin film medication is developed for swift oral administration of drugs. To improve patient compliance various types of vaccines and hormones are developed by the market players.
Technological advancement in drug discovery and development processes, less bio-availability of solid drugs, and inaccurate dosage by liquid formulations is expected to boost the market growth for oral thin film drugs market. However, challenges related to drug development and massive research investment required for creation of simple and novel formulation is expected to hinder the market.
The global oral thin film drugs market is segmented based on product, disease indication, and geography. Based on product, the market is classified into oral thin film, transdermal thin film, and others. Oral thin films are further segmented into sublingual film and fully dissolving dental/buccal film. Based on disease indication, the market is categorized into schizophrenia, migraine, opioid dependence, nausea & vomiting, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as MonoSol Rx, Tesa Labtec GmbH, Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG, Wolters Kluwer, Solvay, Allergan plc. Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd., IntelGenx Corp, and Transition Therapeutics, Inc. are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Oral Thin Film Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Oral Thin Film
- Sublingual Film
- Fully Dissolving Dental/Buccal Film
- Transdermal Thin Film
By Disease indication
- Opioid Dependence
- Nausea & Vomiting
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA