The organic corn market is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in next few years. Organic farming is a relatively recent technique for growing crops. This technique uses methods such as crop rotation, companion planting and bone meals to instill essential nutrients within a crop. Crops by their nature are nutrient intensive and need to be grown with constant replenishment of soil health. Organic farming is a natural, sustainable way to do this. Organic corns are a product of this trend that has caught on social fascination as environmental and personal health demand reduction in the usage of chemicals.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The consumers are shifting towards being health conscious and are looking for good and healthier foods and nutrients and organic corn accounts for one of them. So, the increase in the demand during COVID-19 can be witnessed.
- In the short term, the market demand will show Superior growth due to the increase in infections and reduced economic activity.
- However, the fact cannot be ignored that the spread of COVID-19 led to the lockdowns and supply chain disruptions and created problems in supply of the product.
Top Impacting Factors
- A major driver for this market is the robust demand for organic produce. More and more people are clamoring for organic food. It is creating a notably higher valuation in the market.
- Additionally, it is creating interesting growth opportunities in the market landscape. This, therefore, bodes well for the organic corn market, which is set to see a steady growth curve in the coming years.
- Estimated demand for chemical substances is high. This is set to drive production. All these chemicals are washed down into the soil or into water bodies, from which they then pass into the soil as precipitation. These chemical substances finally appear on an individual's dinner plate as vegetables. Various health issues result from this chemical concentration. This awareness is driving up demand for organic produce world over in the market.
North America and Europe are currently global leaders in the organic corn market. This can be attributed to an automated agricultural industry that picks up innovations at a steady pace. Moreover, awareness among people about the health effects of organic produce is higher than other regions of the world, keeping demand for such crops and their products high.
The Asia Pacific region (APAC) is expected to register the fastest growth in this market given that local governments are giving impetus to organic farming and adapting sustainable techniques for development. A robust agricultural economy provides a base to this market that should grow steadily in the future. As awareness among people rises about organic produce, the organic corn market should benefit laterally.
Rise in preferences of consumers for organic over conventional
The key drivers supporting the growth of organic corn in especially in the North America and Western European countries is due to increasing consumer preference for organic food products over conventional. Further, rapidly increasing the standard of living due to increasing income of middle class in developing and emerging economies as well increasing awareness regarding consumption of organic food products in APAC region has resulted in bolstering demand for organic based food and beverages in the diet of the majority of population.
Awareness among millennial towards negative impact of food additives, chemicals, antibiotics etc. in food and beverages are expected to be the key segment for demanding organic products as they make more purchases of natural and organic products than other segments. In addition, the demand for organic corn is also increasing among animal feed and pet food industry due to increasing demand for organic grain in organic poultry, dairy, beef and others. On the other side, the trend of using organic and natural ingredients such as use of organic corn in processed food, ready-to-eat food, snacks, meal etc. is expected to support the increasing demand for organic corn in near future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Organic Corn industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Organic Corn market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Organic Corn market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Organic Corn market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Organic Corn market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is " Organic Corn " Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Organic Corn " Market?
Organic Corn Market Report Highlights
By End Use
Key Market Players
SunOpta Inc., Albert Lea Seed, Anson Mills, SK Food International, Scratch, Peck Feeds, La Milanaise., Grain Millers, Inc., Sunora Foods, Bradner Farms, Johnny's Selected Seeds