Pesticides are defined as mixtures of substances that are deployed for controlling, preventing, destroying, repelling, and attracting any biological organism classified as a pest. Organic pesticides are pesticides that are added during cultivation of organic food. These pesticides are produced in accordance with the Organic Act (USDA). Moreover, the USDA has allowed the usage of certain synthetic pesticides, such as sulfur, oil sprays, and copper-based fungicides, on organic food production. In addition, according to the National Organic Program Standards, these pesticides do not pose any harm/risk to humans.
The global organic pesticides market is driven by growth in demand for food and organic food, ongoing greater utilization of pesticides, due to significant advancements in pest management procedures and technology, and favorable governmental policies. Furthermore, reduction of farmers land and adoption of genetically modified crops create demand for synthetic organics in the market. However, the presence of multiple end users leading to difficulty in managing inventory & distribution costs, and growth in sale of spurious pesticides and spiked biopesticides hamper the market growth.
The report segments the market on the basis of type, crop type, mode of application, and geography. Based on type, it is bifurcated into natural and synthetic organics. Natural organics are further segmented into rotenone and pyrethrum, whereas synthetic organics into DDT, permethrin, malathion, glyphosphate, and others. Based on crop type, the market is segmented into permanent and arable. By mode of application, it is divided into seed treatment, on farm, and after harvest. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Mark Organics
- Bayer Cropscience
- Sikko Industries Ltd.
- PARRY AMERICA
- Arysta LifeScience
- Andermatt Biocontrol Ag
- Dow AgroSciences
- Certis USA LLC
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global organic pesticides market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Organic Pesticides Market Key Segments:
- Natural Organics
- Synthetic Organics
By Crop Type
By Mode of Application
- Seed Treatment
- On Farm
- After Harvest
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa