Orthopedics is an area in medicine that deals with the treatment of the musculosketetal system, particularly the spine, joints, and muscles. Orthopedic consumables are used to treat complex orthopedic injuries and include drill bits, saw blades, burrs, K-wires, and pins. The increasing cases of accidental injuries of lower and upper extremity regions, fractures in the spine, injury to soft tissues, and sport injuries globally are expected to create a need for advanced orthopedic consumables.
The market is mainly driven by factors such as growing number of reported accidental injuries globally, which will lead to an increase in the adoption of orthopedic consumables. As per the Global Status Report on Road Safety 2015 by World Health Organization, about 1.25 million road traffic deaths are reported annually. The number of increasing sport injuries may lead to the market growth. As per CDC, in 2016, over 2.6 million children aged less than 19 were treated in the emergency department for sports injuries in the U.S. However, high costs of orthopedic procedures may restrict the growth of the orthopedic consumables market.
The report segments the orthopedic consumables market on the basis of product, end users, and geography. Based on product, the market is segmented into surgical orthopedic consumables, wound-management orthopedic consumables, and others. Based on end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers (ascs), and others. The geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments has been included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Johnson & Johnson, Stryker Corporation, Wright Medical Group, Inc., Zimmer Biomet, Medtronic plc, 3M Company, DSM Biomedical, BioTek Instruments, Inc., ConMed Corporation, and others have been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global orthopedic consumables market.
- In-depth analysis has been carried out in this report by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study that evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment globally.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations for 2017 to 2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global orthopedic consumables market has been provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global orthopedic consumables market by product helps understand the types of orthopedic consumables commercially available to treat orthopedic fractures and injuries.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
- Key market players have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Orthopedic Consumables Market Key Segments:
- Surgical Orthopedic Consumables
- Wound-management Orthopedic Consumables
By End Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."