Oscilloscope Market Outlook - 2027
The global oscilloscope market is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Oscilloscope is a laboratory instrument that is usually used to analyze and display the waveform of electronic signals. It is one of the broadly used testing instruments in laboratory applications. It is used to look at the form of electrical signals by displaying a graph of voltage against time.
There are two types of oscilloscopes, analog and digital oscilloscope. Digital oscilloscope works like voltmeter with additional information regarding the variation of voltage with respect to time. The key use of an oscilloscope is to observe the exact wave shape of an electrical signal. It can analyze high frequency transients due to advanced DSP algorithms available. It can also analyze signal in real time and large samples of acquired data with the help of storage memory.
The global oscilloscope market is segmented on the basis of type, probe type, end users and region. Based on type, the market is divided into analog and digital. In terms of probe type, the market is categorized into active oscilloscope probe, passive oscilloscope probe, and current probes. On the basis of end users the market is divided into consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace & defense, IT & telecommunication, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global oscilloscope industry include Agilent Technologies Inc., Danaher Corp., Teledyne LeCroy Inc., Rohde & Schwarz GmbH and Co., Yokogawa Electric, Fluke Corp, ZTEC Instruments, National Instruments, GW Instek, and Keithley Instruments Inc.. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global oscilloscope market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting society and the overall economy globally. The effect of this pandemic is increasing day by day as well as affecting the supply chain.
- The COVID-19 crisis is making uncertainty in the stock oscilloscope market trends, immense slowing of the supply chain, falling business confidence, and increasing panic among the customer segments.
- The overall impact of the pandemic is impacting the production process of several industries, including semiconductor, electronics, and many more.
- Trade barriers are further constraining the demand and supply outlook. As governments of different areas have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process is adversely affected.
- However, the introduction of advanced software solutions for oscilloscopes will be an instrumental factor in influencing the growth of the oscilloscope market forecast post pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
The key advantage of adopting oscilloscope is attributed to its advanced user interface, high acquisition rate, signal fidelity, and an innovative trigger system. Innovation in the wireless sensor is a driving factor for the adoption of advanced oscilloscope. In addition, factors, such as increase in demand for signal storage & self-monitored facilities, increasing intelligence of electronic devices, expected growth in general purpose test market, increasing bandwidth, modular instrumentation, and user interface improvements, are expected to fuel the market growth during forecast period.
Moreover, the development in digital oscilloscope has led to the creation of other types of digital oscilloscopes, digital storage oscilloscopes, digital phosphor oscilloscopes, and sampling oscilloscopes. However, the growing economic uncertainty and emergence of future proof solutions are expected to hamper the oscilloscope market growth. Scientific instruments and medical monitoring instruments are broadly getting adopted in the developing and developed economies, which are supporting the growth in the applications of an oscilloscope. Technological innovation is playing a significant role in the adoption of real-time oscilloscope among industries.
Digital Oscilloscopes to Drive the Market
An oscilloscope can be classified into digital oscilloscopes and analog oscilloscopes. Digital oscilloscopes have held the largest market share, second-largest market share has been held by PC-based oscilloscopes, followed by analog oscilloscopes with the lowest market share. Analog oscilloscopes are expected to be replaced by digital oscilloscopes and PC-based oscilloscopes. Digital oscilloscopes have an advantage over analog oscilloscopes, but the prime drawback of the digital oscilloscope is the limited refresh rate of a digital screen.
Surge in Usage in Automotive and Industrial Applications
The automotive industry is expected to have key potential applications in the market, owing to the rising adoption of electric and autonomous cars. Additionally, hybrid vehicle is expected to positively influence the development of the global oscilloscope market. With the surge of sensors, actuators, and wiring diagrams built in the modern automobiles, automobile oscilloscope is an instrument, which diagnoses irregularities in the automobile easier and faster.
It observes output signals from inductive sensors, whose output signals form an impulse sequence, slow-changing analog signals, primary & secondary ignition circuits, starter current waveforms, and intake manifold absolute pressure charging currents. Therefore, the production and sales of connected and hybrid cars are further accentuating the market growth in the automotive sector.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global oscilloscope market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global oscilloscope market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global oscilloscope market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed oscilloscope market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Oscilloscope Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the oscilloscope market size?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and oscilloscope market opportunity?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Oscilloscope Market Report Highlights
By Probe Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Keysight Technologies, Owon Technology, Yokogawa Electric, B&K Precision, Rigol Technologies, Tektronix, Siglent Technologies, Hantek Electronic, FLIR Systems, GW Instek