Osteoarthritis (OA) also known as degenerative joint disease or degenerative arthritis is among the common chronic conditions of the joint. OA can affect any joint in the knees, hips, lower back, and neck. When an individual suffers from OA, the cartilage that provides a smooth, gliding surface for joint motion breaks down, causing pain, swelling, and other issues in the movement of the joints in the body. Osteoarthritis pain drugs are used to relieve the pain that occurs when a person suffers from OA. As per the figures provided by Arthritis Foundation U.S. osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common chronic condition of the joints, affecting approximately 27 million Americans; this high prevalence creates a need for OA pain drugs.
The market is mainly driven by factors such as a strong pipeline portfolio coupled with the increasing prevalence of OA globally. As per World Health Organization, osteoarthritis is already one of the ten most disabling diseases in developed countries. WHO also states that worldwide estimates for OA reports that 9.6% of men and 18.0% of women aged over 60 years have symptomatic osteoarthritis. 80% of those with osteoarthritis will have limitations in movement and 25% cannot perform their major daily activities of life. However, the side effects of the drugs and loss of patent exclusivity of branded therapies may restrict the growth of the market.
The report segments the osteoarthritis pain drugs market on the basis of drug class, route of administration, dosage form, and geography. On the basis of drug class, the market is categorized into NSAIDs, opioids, viscosupplements, corticosteroids, and others. Based on the route of administration, the market is segmented into oral, parenteral, and topical. Based on the dosage form, the market is segmented into solid, liquid, and semi-solid. The geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments has been covered for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., AbbVie Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, and others have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global osteoarthritis pain drugs market.
- In-depth analysis has been carried out in this report by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study that evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment globally.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global osteoarthritis pain drugs market has been provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global osteoarthritis pain drugs market by product helps understand the types of osteoarthritis pain drugs commercially available to treat the pain that occurs when an individual suffers from OA.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
- Key market players have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Drug Class
By Route of Administration
By Dosage Form
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA