Osteosynthesis is the reduction and internal fixation of a bone fracture with an implant that is usually made of metal. The surgical procedure is performed by employing an open or per cutaneous approach to the fractured bone. The increasing prevalence of bone fractures worldwide creates a need for osteosynthesis devices.
The market is mainly driven by factors such as rise in the preference for minimally invasive osteosynthesis devices, increasing incidence of osteoarthritis among the geriatric population that will foster the need for bone-related surgeries, and rise in the preference for bone-related surgeries. However, reported cases of product recalls may hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The report segments the osteosynthesis devices market on the basis of device type, material, and geography. On the basis of device type, the market is categorized into internal and external. The internal segment is further categorized into screws & plates, wires & pins, intramedullary rods & nails, and spinal fixation devices. The external segment is divided into fracture fixation devices, bone lengthening devices, and ilizarov device. Based on material, the market is segmented into degradable and non-degradable. The geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments has been covered for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Johnson and Johnson, Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Globus Medical, Inc., GS Medical, LLC, Life Spine, Inc., MicroPort Orthopedics, Inc., Nosteo SAS, and Precision Spine, Inc., and others have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global osteosynthesis devices market.
- In-depth analysis has been carried out in this report by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This study that evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment globally.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations for 2017 to 2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global osteosynthesis devices market has been provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global osteosynthesis devices market by product helps understand the types of osteosynthesis devices commercially available to treat bone fractures.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
- Key market players have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Osteosynthesis Devices Market Key Segments:
By Device Type
- Screws & Plates
- Wires & Pins
- Intramedullary Rods & Nails
- Spinal Fixation Devices
- Fracture Fixation Devices
- Bone Lengthening Devices
- Ilizarov Device
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA