The global outdoor sound barrier market is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Noise pollution is a major concern for every household. Noise coming from the adjacent streets or roads can hinder the quality of life and can cause many diseases, most commonly hypertension. So, to address this issue, builders install outdoor sound barriers to minimize the intensity of noise travelling towards these places. These barriers help in making people's stays pleasant to a greater extent. There are many materials available to choose from to manufacture door sound barriers, such as wood, concrete, metals, and polycarbonate. Each of these materials has their own pros and cons. But the rule of thumb is, the higher the porosity of the material, the greater the absorption capability of that material. In recent times, the use of polycarbonate is becoming a common trend due to its high noise absorption capabilities, lightness, and relatively low cost. Furthermore, the major end users of outdoor sound barriers are residential and commercial buildings; manufacturing plants; and parks & gardens. Major players in the outdoor sound barrier industry adopt advanced materials to increase the efficiency of their products to sustain the competition in the outdoor sound barrier market.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Outdoor sound barriers are installed around the noise source to absorb the noise and prevent it from causing noise pollution. These walls help in significantly reducing the noise pollution at a place of stay. These sound barriers are generally preferred to be as high as 7 ft or more, as they can further serve as boundary-walls along with the sound barrier. These are majorly used in places that are adjacent to high noise places such as, airports, roads, railway routes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic ceased the production of various products in the outdoor sound barrier industry, which is attributed to the global lockdown. This has hampered the growth of outdoor sound barrier market in the years and a similar trend is expected to be seen in the first half of 2022.
- The major demand for outdoor sound barrier was previously noticed from giant developed and developing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, India and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for outdoor sound barrier.
- Further, long-term impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Outdoor sound barrier manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce their expenses. On the contrary, few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain themselves during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Outdoor sound barrier manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in private-public partnerships (PPPs) to promote infrastructural development is one of the important driving factors for the outdoor sound barrier market. PPPs have been implemented in various countries, such as South Korea and India. The boost in PPPs and surged investments through private channels is expected to assist in boosting the infrastructure industry, thereby driving the demand and growth of the outdoor sound barrier market to keep the noise levels low in the surrounding areas.
Rapid urbanization is causing an increase in construction activities in densely populated cities, so sound barriers are being used to a greater extent to contain sound within construction premises, resulting in increased demand in the outdoor sound barrier market. Large number of residential building complexes are surrounded by heavy traffic roads, so to keep the noise levels low in the complexes, outdoor sound barriers are being used, thus surging demand for outdoor sound barriers. However, the outdoor sound barriers may not suit the aesthetics of the buildings, which is one of the restraining factors hindering the growth of the outdoor sound barrier market. Contrarily, technological developments in the advanced material sciences such as fiberglass and other polycarbonates, along with the advancement in 3D printing technology, can not only boost the efficiency of the barriers but also result in lowering the cost of outdoor sound barriers. This is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the growth of the outdoor sound barrier market during the forecast period.
- New products that contain improved capabilities are launched by leading market players. For instance, in November 2020, IAC Acoustics, a leading U.S.-based company and manufacturer of metal noise control products and other similar products, launched the "Noishield Continuine Sound Barrier". This new product includes an endcap that wraps the column, leaving a horizontal reveal, providing a contemporary finish. The product launch has enhanced the product offerings to sustain the competition in the outdoor sound barrier market.
- Similarly, companies in the outdoor sound barrier market adopted acquisition as their key developmental strategy to expand their geographical foothold and upgrade their product technologies. For instance, in December 2019, Contech Engineered Solutions, a U.S.-based contractor and developer in the construction industry, acquired another U.S.-based company, Big R Bridge, a manufacturer of precast bridges and sound walls. This move will enhance the product offering by Contech and its presence in the new region.
- Moreover, many companies are entering this market after realizing the growth of the outdoor sound barrier market. For instance, in January 2020, the Stephens Group, LLC, acquired Kinetics Noise Control, Inc., a manufacturer of acoustic systems. After the acquisition, the Stephens Group formed a new company, the Catalyst Acoustics Group. This acquisition has brought new capabilities for the Stephens Group.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the outdoor sound barrier industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the outdoor sound barrier market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the outdoor sound barrier market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed outdoor sound barrier market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Outdoor Sound Barrier Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Material Type
By End-user Industry