Polymers are extensively utilized in the packaging sector, with polyolefins being the largest volume polymer used. Several additives are used in packaging to offer processing and manufacturing performance enhancements while others permit materials to possess a mixture of improved properties. In addition, it is critical for companies in this industry to be aware of the regulations.
The global packaging additives market is driven by surge in demand from end-user sectors, rise in economical growth, increase in disposable income, and hectic lifestyles of individuals. In addition, rapid urbanization and growth in population supplement the market growth. However, volatile raw material prices and stringent government regulations pertaining to the plastic additives industry hinder this growth. Moreover, disposal of plastic waste is the major challenge faced by packaging additives manufacturers. Growth of new functional additives presents a lucrative opportunity for market growth.
The global packaging additives market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is divided into antioxidants, UV stabilizers, anti-block, clarifying agent, anti-static, anti-fog, and antimicrobial. Food, beverages, pharmaceutical & healthcare, and cosmetic & personal care are the applications of these additives. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies, such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships, to strengthen their market reach and maintain their position in the competitive market.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region- and country-wise packaging additives market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each market segment is provided to determine the potential market opportunities.
Packaging Additives Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Cytec Solvay Group, Altana AG, AkzoNobel, BASF SE, Amcor, Clariant, Addivant, Adeka Corporation, E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd