Packaging Adhesives Market Insights and Forecast -2027
Packaging adhesives are compounds that are used to bind two or more surfaces together. They are generally produced from polymeric compounds that can be obtained both naturally and artificially. Packaging adhesives can be categorized into water based and solvent base. However, there is a third category of packaging adhesives that needs to be melted before using. They are generally thermoplastic based adhesives and are termed as hot melt adhesive. Adhesives play a very important role in the packaging industry and as a result, almost 70% of the total adhesives produced globally are used up in the packaging industry.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the global packaging adhesives market in a positive way.
- The regulations published by the different health organizations like the World Health Organization (WHO) caused the consumers to shift toward e-commerce even for the basic necessities in order to maintain social distancing. There is a direct relation between e-commerce and packaging industry as the products ordered form e-commerce must be packed in order to ship them to their destinations. As a result, the increase in demand for e-commerce has caused an escalation in demand for the packaging industry and consequently the demand for packaging adhesives increased in the market.
- The outbreak of the pandemic has made major players to incorporate significant changes into their systems in order to sustain such as introduction of radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags and near-field communications (NFC).
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
One of the major factors that drive the growth of the packaging adhesives market is the massive growth of the e-commerce industry. The shift of the focus of the consumers toward convenience and sustainability has fueled the growth of the packaging industry. Since the packaging adhesives market is directly related to the packaging industry, the growth of the packaging industry results in the escalation in demand for packaging adhesives in the market. These adhesives are extensively used for closing cartons, folding carton envelops and for corrugated covering. Major companies keep a close eye on the packaging of their products so that they do not incur any damage while transportation. Thus, the rapid growth of the manufacturing sector has a significant role in the growth of the packaging market across the globe. However, the stringent regulations and the frequent interventions from the environmental bodies regarding the effects of adhesives on the environments has acted as a restraining factor for the market. But the introduction of water based-adhesives in 2017, which are cheaper, efficient and cause less damage to the environment is expected to fuel the growth of the packaging adhesives market.
In terms of market share, the Asia-Pacific region is dominating the global packaging adhesives market, due to presence of massive manufacturing sector and the huge consumer base in the emerging economies of the region. The market in the North America region is also expected to witness steady growth due to the presence of huge e-commerce companies in the developed nations like the U.S.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global packaging adhesives industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global packaging adhesives market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global packaging adhesives market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global packaging adhesives market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Packaging Adhesives Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the packaging adhesives market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Packaging Adhesives Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Packaging Type
Key Market Players
Jowat Corp, Henkel, HB Fuller, Sika, 3M, Avery Dennison, Dymax, Wacker Chemie, Paramelt, Bostik