The packaging industry printing provides the quality, efficiency, and innovation that cater to the demands of the industry. Flexographic is a form of printing in which ink is spattered to a plate on which the printing image is raised above the surface. Moreover, packaging printing is used in different packaging processes, such as flexible packaging, paper & paperboard, rigid plastic, glass, metal, and others. The food & beverages products, cosmetics & toiletries, healthcare, and other industries (such as adhesives & sealants) are the major applications of the packaging printing market. The global printing packaging industry witnessed a rapid growth and is expected to expand at a moderate growth rate during the forecast period.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global packaging printing market. It includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
Growth in demand for sustainable printing and flexible packaging, cost effectiveness, and reduced packaging waste drive the market. Moreover, the advancement of healthcare industry and the ease to use convenient packaging are other factors that boost the market growth. Emerging markets, which include Asia-Pacific, contribute to an increase in the application of packaging printing in packaging products owing to rise in consumer expenditure and increase in demand for sustainable products in the region. However, high initial capital investment owing to fixation of rubber plates in printing machines and its inapplicability for heavy items is expected to restrain the market growth.
The global packaging printing market is segmented based on printing technology, material, printing ink, application, and geography. On the basis of printing technology, the market is divided into flexography, gravure, offset, digital, and screen printing. Based on material, the market is classified as labels, paper & paperboard, plastics, and metal. On the basis of printing ink, it is categorized into aqueous ink, solvent-based ink, UV-curable ink, latex ink, dye sublimation inks, and others (water-based ink and hot melt inks). Based on application, it is divided as food & beverages products, household & cosmetic products, pharmaceutical products, adhesives, and sealants. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector include HP Inc., Xerox Corporation, WS Packaging Group, Canon, Inc., Eastman Kodak Company, Mondi Group, Duncan Printing Group, Dunmore, Xeikon N.V., Graphics Inc., and Amcor Limited.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2017-2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are studied to evaluate the trends and opportunities of the market.
- The region-wise and country-wise packaging printing market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the packaging printing market are also listed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation is provided to elucidate the dominant opportunities.
Packaging Printing Market Key Segments:
By Printing Technology
- Screen Printing
- Paper & Paperboard
By Printing Ink
- Aqueous Ink
- Solvent-Based Ink
- UV-Curable Ink
- Latex Ink
- Dye Sublimation Inks
- Others (Water-Based Ink and Hot Melt Inks)
- Food & Beverages Products
- Household & Cosmetic Products
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Adhesives and Sealants
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA