The packaging testing market has experienced a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in next few years. Packaging test is the most important step which is carried out before product is shipped. There are various tests carried out on packaging material such as pressure loads, shocks, vibrations, knocks, changes in humidity, or changes in temperature, thus number of methods are devised to test packaging. In addition, packaging plays a crucial role in assurance of quality and integrity of the product. As per consumer demand, products are being sourced or shipped thus packaging is need to be durable. Damaged-packaged products result in dissatisfaction of the customer experience. Package testing is more important to increase customer base.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, food & beverage companies have developed response actions and effective plans to help mitigate their risk and prepare for how they would deal with the effects of the coronavirus. These plans include establishing an interdisciplinary crisis response team of personnel from all aspects of the business to identify, assess, and manage the risk presented.
- People are more inclined toward the health concerns and have become health conscious. The nutritional packaged food accounts for the one and thus, is facing increase in demand.
- However, the lockdown all over the economies due to outspread of COVID-19 pandemic led to the shutdown of various plants, factories, and sites which resulted in low production and sales and lower usage of packaging.
Top Impacting Factors
The packaging testing market is driven by factors such as increase in product recalls due to stringent regulations, an increase in the requirement for durable products, increased demand for packaged products due to the growth of the FMCG industry, and increasing awareness due to unauthorized usage of recycled materials.
The requirement of portable & automated testing techniques to enhance the testing availability in less time provides new growth opportunities for market players. Governments across the world have implemented rigorous guidelines to ensure the quality of the products.
Testing is the main part of the guidelines, hence unavoidable. This, in turn, is primarily driving the market growth. The cost of packaging testing is very high due to the high cost of testing equipment. Therefore, this is the matter of concern for new entrants.
Food and Beverage to have a Major Share
- Advanced packaging methods, such as intelligent packaging, active & smart packaging, and modified atmosphere packaging, have replaced traditional methods, which have driven the need to effectively test these packaged goods. As products reach customers in the packaged form, their safety is an important concern; the presence of any toxic or damaging contaminant could affect the product itself. The presence of contaminants could decrease the quality of the product substantially, which emphasizes the importance of package testing in the market. The growth of packaged food is more prominently found in the developed economies of the U.S. and major European countries, such as Spain, France, and Russia. This emphasis has created a robust demand for effective package testing in the package testing market. The consumers of packaged food in the U.S. have an increased consumption due to convenience, saved time, easy to prep with minimal wastage indicated as the primary reason. Europe witnessed rise in development in areas such as digital watermarking in packaging to raise the prospect of making invisible methods of connectivity cheaper.
Consumers inclined toward Safe Packaging to Accelerate Growth
- The global packaging industry has witnessed prolific developments with respect to materials deployed, technological enhancements, and techniques. Over the years, heightening demand for safe and secure packaging solutions has led to the emergence of advanced packaging testing solutions.
- It is important to protect materials in transit from breakage, corrosion and other external shocks so as to facilitate proper delivery. As e-commerce has received a fillip during the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for effective packaging testing has grown steadily.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the packaging testing industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the packaging testing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the packaging testing market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed packaging testing market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Packaging Testing Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the packaging testing market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "packaging testing " market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "packaging testing " market?
Packaging Testing Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
intertek Group Plc, Microbac Laboratories Inc, National Technical Systems Inc, Campden BRI., SGS SA, Eurofins Scientific SE, Bureau Veritas SA, Institut fur Produktqualitat GmbH, EMSL Analytical Inc., Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation, TUV SUD AG, ALS Limited