Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is a form of condition known as pulmonary hypertension which means high level blood pressure in the lungs. PAH is characterized by an increase in pressure within the pulmonary arteries because of structural changes within vessel walls, aggregation of platelets and alteration of swish somatic cell function resulting into increasing pressure within the pulmonic arteries chargeable for pumping blood to the lungs. Change in routine of consumers in terms of lack of physical activity and more consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and fast food products increases the chances of developing hypertension and high blood pressure. The increased blood pressure in turn, gives rise to several diseases such as stroke and heart attacks. Treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension can be done by using drugs such as endothelin receptor antagonists, prostacyclin and prostacyclin analogs, soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators, and phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor.
Increase in launch of innovative drugs & treatment therapies, favorable initiatives such as rare disease act and orphan drug act by government, rise in prevalence of pulmonary arterial hypertension disease, increase in consumption of alcohol or tobacco, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, & other idiopathic conditions, increase in geriatric population, and increase in adoption of treatment & healthcare spending are the factors that drive the growth of the pulmonary arterial hypertension market. However, termination of drugs by major players during clinical trials, unawareness about the presence of pulmonary arterial hypertension among patients, and high diagnosis and treatment cost are expected to restrain the market growth. Expiry of patents of major PAH drugs leads to generic versions of these drugs being introduced in the market and being sold at 60% to 70% lower prices than that of the present branded drugs which is big challenge for the growth of pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment market.
The pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment market is segmented based on the drug type, sales channel, and region. Under the drug type segment, the market is classified into endothelin receptor antagonists ERAs, prostacyclin & prostacyclin analogs, sGC stimulators, and PDE-5 dipsticks. Endothelin receptor antagonists are further divided into bosentan, ambrisentan, and macitentan. Prostacyclin analogs are further categorized into epoprostenol, iloprost, and treprostinil. sGC stimulators include riociguat. PDE-5 dipsticks are further divided into sildenafil and tadalafil. Based on sales channel, market is studied across hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. Based on region, the pulmonary arterial hypertension market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of major players operating in the pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment market include United Therapeutic Corporation, Eli Lilly and Company, Actelion Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc. (GSK), Steady Med Ltd., Gilead Sciences, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals Inc., Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., Novartis International AG, and Bayer AG.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and market forecast estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Drug Type
- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists (ERAs)
- Prostacyclin and Prostacyclin Analogs
- sGC Stimulators
- PDE-5 Dipsticks
By Sales Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA