Painting tools are handheld tools, which are used to improve and facilitate the overall task of painting. Various kinds of painting tools such as brushes, rollers, spray guns, scrapers, buckets, trays, and liners of various sizes and specifications are available in the market. Each tool has a designated purpose and certain unique functionalities and properties that help to improve efficiency, accuracy, and overall finish of the paint job. Painting tools are designed to increase the ease with which paint can be applied on walls and ceilings. Painting tools also help to reduce wastage of paint and materials. Painting tools are important for aesthetic appeal of finished paint jobs as they help painters to achieve the intended finish with ease and accuracy.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down production of various products in the global painting tools industry, mainly owing to prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered growth of the global painting tools market significantly from past few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Rapid urbanization, increase in construction activities worldwide, along with increase in level of disposable income of consumers around the world is anticipated to drive growth of the painting tools market. Rising aesthetic standards in residential & commercial buildings is a major factor behind the growth in demand for painting tools. Paint is important as it provides protection to buildings, wood, metals, and all sorts of structures from rotting, rusting, or drying up due to effects of water and sun. Wood and wooden structures require paint to prevent rot caused by water seepage and to prevent the wood from drying out. Metal structures and objects require paint to prevent rusting. Paint is used to decorate all sorts of objects and surfaces. Exteriors and interiors of buildings are painted for decoration and protection from weather elements. Various commonly used objects such as furniture, toys, tools, and utensils are painted. The automotive industry is also an important end user of the global painting tools market. Lack of availability of skilled labor is a major restraining factor for the global painting tools market. Opportunities for growth of the global painting tools market come from growth of the global construction industry, automotive industry, and rise in trend of DIY painting.
The global painting tools market trends are as follows:
Advancements in technology in the global paint industry and painting tools market
With increased standard of living, consumers around the world, are opting for more aesthetically pleasing standard of paint for their working and living environment. New innovative paints are constantly being developed by the major corporations around the world to provide benefits such as moisture resistant paint, washable paint, anti-fungal paint, odor eliminating paint among others. These new paint options in the market are also prompting consumers to upgrade the paint of both the exterior and the interior of their buildings. The option to be able to preview color schemes has also become very popular among consumers globally as the customer is better able to choose the colors from photographs. Virtual painters are also being introduced by major companies that help the consumer visualize the paint job in 3D view. Eco-friendly paint products that have low or no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in them are growing in popularity as well due to environmental concerns. The global trend of do-it-yourself (DIY) painting especially thanks to the easy availability of easy to use and ergonomic painting tools is also expected to help the painting tools market grow. Various painting tools are being introduced and upgraded with newer, more ergonomic, useful features that promote the efficiency, effectiveness and finish of the paint job. Paint sprayers are used to easily cover broad surfaces. Airless paint sprayer gives the benefit of being able to paint right up to the edge of the wall without using tape. The use of paint sprayers help provide a uniform look to the paint job. Manual and automatic paint rollers are used to lay down a thick coat of paint quickly and the roller covers are easily changed. Paint rollers with lock extension poles help to reach further and higher without using ladders. Rapid-valve-transfer (RVT) guns are used to seamlessly switch between pole painting and spray gun. Texture terminators, contour stain applicators, reusable plastic paint trays, different types of painters tape are some of the other popularly used painting tools.
Rise in construction activity worldwide
The global painting tools market is expected to grow, owing to increase in construction activities worldwide. Rapid urbanization and growth in real estate business has significantly propelled growth of the painting tools market. According to data by the United Nations (UN) more than 54% of global population is living in urban areas, which is generating employment opportunities and improving income level of individuals. Due to the factor of increased standard of living of consumers around the world, the global painting tools market is expected to grow as consumers opt for increased aesthetic appeal in their living and working conditions. Rise in global population and urbanization are causes behind the rapid infrastructural development worldwide. Public infrastructure expansion industry is expected to grow in the near future due to growing urbanization worldwide. Private real estate development and individual residential construction projects are also growing as global population and urbanization increases. Growth in number of nuclear families worldwide is an important factor behind this trend. Schools, hospitals and other public facilities are being built, expanded or updated. Global construction of industrial plants, manufacturing and assembly plants, commercial office spaces, shopping malls is on the rise.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global painting tools industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global painting tools market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global painting tools market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global painting tools market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Painting Tools Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
By Industry Verticals
Key Market Players
Purdy, Dura Paints, Allway Tools, Mill-Rose Company, Milton Brushware, Nespoli Group, Gordon Brush, Asian Paints, Braun Brush, Anderson Products