Palliative care is a medical care approach for people with serious illness. The goal of palliative care is to improve the quality of life of both patient and the family through prevention and relief of suffering by early identification and treatment of different pain and other issues. Palliative care is provided by a team of physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, pathologists, and other healthcare professionals. Palliative care is provided to patients suffering from diseases such as cancer, congestive heart failure (CHF), CNS disorders, chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD) and providing symptomatic relief for nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain, anxiety, and loss of appetite. According to the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), in 2014, approximately 1.7 million patients received services from palliative care centers.
Increase in chronic life-threatening diseases, reimbursement from Medicaid and Medicare, surge in the aging population, favorable initiative taken by the government and non- profit organization, and rise in government funding in healthcare system are the factors that drive the growth of the market. Palliative care centers are recognized as a medical subspecialty by the American board of medical specialties and in Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. European countries are also in the process of developing a certification of palliative care. Palliative centers are also being developed in nations such as India, Indonesia, Brazil, and China. The palliative services market is being established in these markets and is expected to be in great demand with rise in awareness. However, high cost of the treatment, less expansion of medical care facilities for old age group, and lack of awareness can hinder the growth of the palliative care market across the globe.
The palliative care market is segmented based on type, application, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into private residence care, hospice inpatient care, nursing home, residential facility center, and others. Based on application, the market is classified into cancer, congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), kidney failure, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and others. Based on end user, the market is divided into hospitals, home care settings, palliative care centers, and long-term care centers & rehabilitation centers. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players operating in the Palliative care market include Skilled Healthcare Group Incorporated, Vitas Healthcare Corporation, Sunrise Senior Living LLC, Kindred Healthcare Incorporated, Gentiva Health Services Incorporated, Home Instead Senior Care Incorporated, Amedisys Incorporated, Genesis HealthCare Corporation, GGNSC Holdings LLC. And Senior Care Centers of America.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and market forecast estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing palliative care market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise palliative care market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global palliative care market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Private residence care
- Hospice inpatient care
- Nursing home
- residential facility center
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- kidney failure
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
By End User
- Home care settings
- Palliative care centers
- Long-term care centers & Rehabilitation Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA