Papaverine is a smooth muscle relaxant, which is used for the treatment of cerebral as well as peripheral ischemia conditions. These conditions are secondary to arterial spasm, which includes vascular spasm associated with acute myocardial infarction, medical & pulmonary embolism, peripheral vascular disease with vasospastic element, and angina pectoris. Papaverine are used to facilitate dilation of cerebral vessels before balloon angioplasty to treat non-occlusive mesenteric ischemia. It is further known to prevent spinal cord neurological injury in patients undergoing thoracoabdominal.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the papaverine market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rising geriatric population led to increase in incidence of muscle spasms, which drives the growth of the papaverine market.
- In addition, adoption of sedentary lifestyle boosts the market growth for papaverine.
- However, lack of awareness among people about papaverine due to insufficient objective data might hamper the growth of the market.
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2019, American Regent Inc., a developer, manufacturer, and supplier of high quality sterile injectables for healthcare providers, launched papaverine HCL, an injection that targets muscle spasm.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the papaverine market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Papaverine Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Papaverine Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Papaverine Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the papaverine market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "papaverine"?
- What is "papaverine" market prediction in the future?
Papaverine Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
American Regen, Chengdu Brilliant Pharmaceutical Group, Sandoz,, Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine