Para-menthane-3, 8-diol (PMD) is also known as p-methane- 2, 8-diol, which is an active ingredient used to produce insect repellent sprays and liquids. The ingredient can be found in the leaves of eucalyptus citriodora in small quantities. The oil derived from the plant is refined to maximize the PMD content for industrial use.
The growth of the global para-menthane-3, 8-diol (PMD) market is driven by rapid urbanization and expansion of cities that create a demand for insect repellant for populace that live in congested urban infrastructure. Moreover, new insect repellant product development and launches are expected to boost the demand and market for Para-menthane-3, 8-diol (PMD). However, ultrasonic and electronic insect repellant products produce a challenge for the para-menthane-3, 8-diol (PMD) market growth.
The global para-menthane-3, 8-diol (PMD) market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type the market is divided into natural extract and synthetic products. Based on applications the market is divided into insect repellent spray, repellent liquid, and others. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed globally at a country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Citrefine International Limited, Wisconsin Pharmacal Inc, Beyond Industries China Ltd, Nanning Venusson Bio-Technology Co., Ltd, J & K Scientific Ltd BOC Sciences, T & W group, Shanghai wecan Industrial Co Ltd, Shenzhen Sendi Biotechnology Co Ltd., and Jinan Haohua Industry Co LTD. have also been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market has been conducted by following key type positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Para-menthane-3, 8-diol (PMD) Market Key Segments:
- Natural Extract
- Synthetic Products
- Insect Repellent Spray
- Repellent Liquid
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA