Paraquat dichloride or 1, 1- dimethyl-4, 4-bipyridiniumcan is the chloride salt of paraquat. It is majorly utilized as a quick acting and non-selective herbicide. Its ability to kill a tough variety of grasses and broad-leafed weeds within seconds of application is the main characteristic that differentiates it from other herbicides available in the market. Paraquat chloride is extremely phototoxic, which is why government authorities such as the European Protection Agency (EPA) dont recommend its use.
Increase in agricultural activities and rising demand for herbicides in the agriculture industry to get rid of unwanted weeds and plants are the primary factors that drive the paraquat dichloride market globally. Asia-Pacific is expected to register substantial growth due to the growing agriculture sector, increase in consumer awareness regarding herbicides, and favourable government policies to increase the food production capacity.
High cost and stringent government regulations associated with herbicide formulation & use hinder the market growth. The growing demand for herbicides in emerging economies is expected to provide growth opportunities for the paraquat dichloride market expansion.
The report segments the paraquat dichloride market on the basis of application and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into herbicide, desiccant, defoliant, and plant growth regulator. The geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players that operate in the global market focus on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships to strengthen their market reach to maintain their position in the competitive market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report include:
- Ankar Industries Ltd.
- Bhaskar Agrochemicals Ltd.
- Canary Agro Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Dow Agrosciences Ltd.
- Jayalakshmi Fertilisers
- Kalyani Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
- Syngenta Limited
- Toshi & Company
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global paraquat dichloride market to identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth has been provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market has been provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years have been listed.
Paraquat Dichloride Market Key Segments:
- Plant Growth Regulator
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA