In medicine, ossicular replacement prostheses are devices used for aiding the functional reconstruction of the ossicles. Ossicles are the three bones located in the middle ear, which serve to transmit sound from air to the cochlea (fluid-filled labyrinth) in the ear. Two types of ossicular replacement prostheses include total ossicular replacement prosthesis and partial ossicular replacement prosthesis. Partial ossicular replacement prosthesis replaces two out of the three ear bones (ossicles), that is, malleus and incus but not the stapes. The indications for use of ossicular replacement prosthesis include chronic middle ear disease, surgically corrected injury to the middle ear from trauma, and secondary surgical intervention for correcting hearing loss caused by prior otologic surgery.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- With COVID-19, the supply chain of the material required to manufacture partial ossicular replacement prostheses has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of partial ossicular replacement prostheses is declining, as the manufacturers of these devices have slowed down their production due to the pandemic. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the partial ossicular replacement prostheses market.
Top Impacting Factors:
- Increasing prevalence of chronic ear conditions and diseases such as otitis media, cholesteatoma, and is driving the partial ossicular replacement prostheses market.
- In addition, partial ossicular replacement prostheses are often preferred more than other treatments for hearing loss due to lesser risks and better efficacy of partial ossicular replacement prostheses devices. This factor is contributing to the growth of the market.
- Research and development activities taking place in the field of hearing loss treatment have led to the launch of more effective and well-designed partial ossicular replacement prostheses, which has further augmented the growth of the market.
- However, lack of awareness regarding hearing loss surgeries and partial ossicular replacement prostheses in many developing nations of the world is one of the factors that impede the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends:
- North America is projected to dominate the partial ossicular replacement prostheses market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing preference of patients toward minimally invasive surgeries like that done for partial ossicular replacement prostheses especially in nations such as Canada and the U.S.
- The Asia-Pacific market for partial ossicular replacement prostheses is expected to show high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to the presence of large patient pool and rise in awareness regarding the surgical treatments of ear diseases in countries such as China and India.
- In 2019, a team of doctors successfully implanted the world's first three-dimensional-printed ossicular implant in South Africa. Titanium was utilized as the implant material in this procedure due to its higher biocompatibility rate.
- In 2018, Advanced Bionics AG announced the approval of its HiRes Ultra 3D cochlear implant by the Food and Drug Administration 9FDA). This newly developed ear device offers ease of operation while conducting magnetic resonance imaging examinations.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the partial ossicular replacement prostheses industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the partial ossicular replacement prostheses market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Partial Ossicular Replacement Prostheses Report:
- Which are the leading players active in the partial ossicular replacement prostheses market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the partial ossicular replacement prostheses market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps in the market?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What are partial ossicular replacement prostheses?
- What are the current and predicted trends of the market?
Partial Ossicular Replacement Prostheses Market Report Highlights
By Patient Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Sonova Holding AG, Sivantos Pte. Ltd., Heinz Kurz GmbH Medizintechnik, SPIGGLE & THEIS Medizintechnik GmbH, Medtronic Plc, Olympus Corporation, CoreMed Corporation, William Demant Holding A/S