Passive optical network (PON) is a telecommunication technology, which incorporates point-to-multipoint architecture and provides improvement in deployment of LAN networks. Depending on PON, the system can be described as fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), fiber-to-the-curb (FTTC) and fiber-to-the-building (FTTB).
Increase in demand for scalability in mobile network and advancement in gigabit passive optical network (GPON) SoC technologies boost the growth of the global passive optical LAN market. However, high installation cost of optical networks hinders the market growth. Rise in demand for FTTH requirement is expected to strengthen the market share of key players in the industry.
Passive optical LAN market is segmented on the basis of component, application, and geography. By component, the market is divided into optical transceivers, optical circulators, optical amplifiers, optical encoders, optical power splitters, optical filters, wavelength division multiplexers/demultiplexers, optical circulators, optical couplers, and others. Applications covered in the study include synchronous digital hierarchy systems, fiber in the loop, loop feeder, synchronous optical network, hybrid fiber coaxial cable, and interoffice. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, ZTE Corporation, Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Ericsson Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Adtran Inc., Freescale Semiconductors Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Motorola Solutions Inc., and Tellabs Inc. are some of the key players operating in the passive optical LAN market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDER
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global passive optical LAN market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations form 2016 to 2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Passive Optical LAN Market Key Segments:
- Optical Transceivers
- Optical Circulators
- Optical Amplifiers
- Optical Encoders
- Optical Power Splitters
- Optical Filters
- Wavelength Division Multiplexers/Demultiplexers
- Optical Circulators
- Optical Couplers
- Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) Systems
- Fiber in the Loop (FITL)
- Loop Feeder
- Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
- Hybrid Fiber Coaxial Cable (HFC)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- ZTE Corporation
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A.
- Ericsson Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Adtran Inc.
- Freescale Semiconductors Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Motorola Solutions Inc.
- Tellabs Inc.