Pathology is a branch of medical research that involves the study of the cause, origin, and nature of a disease by examining the body fluids, organ, and tissues. It determines the actual state of the disease to decide the course of treatment of different disease. There are basically of two types, namely digital and anatomical pathology.
Digital pathology involves the use of digitized glass slide for the interpretation of pathology information, while anatomical pathology involves the diagnosis of disease based on microscopic as well as macroscopic examination of organs, tissues, and body fluids. The global pathology market is anticipated to register significant growth during the forecast period due to the growing need for integrated healthcare facilities and growing prevalence of chronic conditions.
The global pathology market is driven by ease of transportation of slides, surge in prevalence of chronic diseases & aging population, and increase in the laboratory workflow efficiency. However, lack of reimbursement and dearth of skilled personnel restrict the market growth. Furthermore, unmet pathological needs in the emerging economies are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The global pathology market is segmented based on products, type, application, end user, and geography. Based on product, it is classified into scanners, software, communication systems, storage systems, instruments, consumables, and services. Based on type, it is divided into human pathology and animal pathology. On the basis of application, it is categorized into disease diagnosis, teleconsultation, drug discovery & development, training & education, and others.
Based on end user, it is divided into pharmaceutical, biotechnology companies, and CROs; hospitals & reference laboratories and academic & government research institutes. The market is analyzed across regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA further country level analysis of regions is provided to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment of the market in various countries across the globe.
The key players profiled in the report include Leica Biosystems Nussloch GMBH, GE Healthcare, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K, microDimensions GmbH, Mikroscan Technologies, Inc., Omnyx LLC., Koninklijke Philips N.V. Healthcare, Huron Digital Pathology Inc., Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., and Apollo Enterprise Imaging Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis of the industry from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of pathological product in detecting cause, origin, and nature of diseases.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies have been analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Pathology Market Key Segments:
- Communication Systems
- Storage Systems
- Human Digital Pathology
- Animal Digital Pathology
- Disease Diagnosis
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Training & Education
By End User
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology Companies, and CROs
- Hospitals & Reference Laboratories
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA