Pawn shop is a unique place for cash loans and selling or buying a wide range of items including jewelry, tools, electronics, guns, and other merchandises at a payment cost agreed upon by both the parties. These shops are a great option to retail old and unimportant products at a reasonable price rather than sell the products at a scrap shop. They are handled by knowledgeable staff for better value prediction and authentication of the product during resale.
Quick and convenient methods of loan provision for a short period of time mortgaging any type of collateral till the loan amount is paid off majorly drives the market. Availability of different products and wide range in the pawn shops is also among the major growth factor coupled by reasonable pricing of used goods. As it is easy and economical to set up a pawn shop, a lot of people opt for pawn business, which marks the growth of the market. These shops are the one stop destination for antique and vintage products, which attracts collectors, thus fueling the growth of the market. However, changes in gold rates and the recovering economy limits the market growth.
The pawn shop market is segmented on the basis of services, end users, and geography. By services, it is classified into consumer lending (secured loans with personal property used as collateral), used goods retailing, and appraising items for purchase or pawn. Based on end users, it is categorized into generation X, generation Y, and baby boomers. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The key players in the pawn shop market include First Cash Financial Services Inc. (U.S.), EZCorp Inc. (U.S.), Cash America International Inc. (U.S.), Pawngo (U.S.), UltraPawn, LLC (U.S.), Gold & Silver Pawn Shop (U.S.), American Jewelry and Loan (U.S.), Dollar Financial Group Global Corporation (U.S.), Browns Pawnbrokers (UK), and New Bond Street Pawnbrokers (UK).
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the pawn shop market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
Pawn Shop Market Segmentation
- Consumer Lending (Secured Loans With Personal Property Used as Collateral)
- Used Goods Retailing
- Appraising Items for Purchase or Pawn
By End Users
- Generation X
- Generation Y
- Baby Boomers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players
- First Cash Financial Services Inc. (U.S.)
- EZCorp Inc. (U.S.)
- Cash America International Inc. (U.S.)
- Pawngo (U.S.)
- UltraPawn, LLC (U.S.)
- Gold & Silver Pawn Shop (U.S.)
- American Jewelry and Loan (U.S.)
- Dollar Financial Group Global Corporation (U.S.)
- Browns Pawnbrokers (UK)
- New Bond Street Pawnbrokers (UK)