Pay TV operators are a service provider that offers media and entertainment services through various modes us as cable mode, dish TV and setup box, online streaming service through OTT platforms. Pay TV operators offers streaming services to consumers in different local and home languages that led to universal adaption of pay TV services, pay TV operators provide latest and new contents and pay TV services are cost effective.Consumer have option to choose different plans in dish and OTT platform services, premium and platinum plans have better services than affordable packs. Pay TV operators also offers educational services that is helps full for students as it give better visual and audio supports. Pay TV operators market has shown significant growth in last few years as people are more attracted towards 4k and ultra HD picture quality offered in innovated televisions, rise in number of OTT platform and improvement in connectivity are major factors in growth of global pay TV operators market and expected to be more inclining in forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis-
- Spread of COVID-19 has led to great ramifications on many industries, Pay TV operators is one of the least affected industries as many people have taken new connections and enrolled them for steaming services to spend their time.
- To control spread of corona virus diseases, Nation-wide lockdown was imposed by government resulted in huge disruption in supply chain of raw material and disordering of production cycle of television that has adverse effect on pay TV operator market.
- Restraints were imposed by government on theatres that led to globally rise in demand of pay TV services. Customers has also started shifting to online steaming method and hesitating and avoiding to visit theatres to control spread of corona virus diseases.
Top Impacting Factors-
- There is significant increase in number of OTT platform in last few years as these OTT platform platforms are offering some diverse content as compared to other pay TV operators. OTT platform gives options to streamers to watch content on their choice; they are not forced to watch anything. OTT platform also offers better pictures and sound quality that is attracting more and more customers and globally propelling demand of OTT platforms. Increase in number of OTT platform is a key factor in growth of global pay TV operators market.
- Dish antenna and step up box's are widely used among house hold and Commercial sectors as it is most economical way of streaming entertainment or other content. Dish TV's also offer different packages that has different number of channels and also offers HD setup box that give HD picture quality to consumers, they have also introduced many different features such as parental control to stop and avoid kids to watch in appropriate content. Wide adaption of setup box and dish antenna TV is key drivers in growth of global pay TV operators market.
- Internet connectivity has improved in past years as many telecom players have introduced fibre board band that helps to enhance visual and audio experience of viewer, they are also planning to launch 5G technology to enhance consumer experience and improve the quality of internet. Emergence of 5G technology is expected provide more ultra high definition 4k viewing experience, many service providers are offering broadband services at affordable rate that is global boosting demand of internet protocol television among consumer. Improvement in internet connectivity and easy affordability is prominent factor in growth of global pay TV operators market.
Rise in popularity of OTT platforms
OTT platform is gaining prominence among pay TV consumers, especially among youngster. OTT platform are cost effective mode of streaming and offers very raw content that is increasing popularity of OTT platform among consumers. OTT platform show very less commercial that helps to enhance consumer experience as commercial adds act as interruption while streaming. OTT platform has eliminated need of downloading the content as now people have direct option to watch their favorite content any time anywhere. Rise in popularity of OTT platform is utmost factor that is accelerating growth of global pay TV operators.
Surge in use of pay TV services during lockdown
Due to spread of corona virus diseases nation-wide lockdown was imposed by government resulted in shutting down of many business and offices. Now people have great leisure time to spend on watching TV’s and other online contents, TV's and other online streaming platform were only source of entertaining people during lockdowns. Bollywood starts have also started launching their pictures on OTT platforms as restraints were imposed on visiting movie theatres. Surge in use of pay TV services during lockdown is main factor that is fuelling growth of global pay TV operators market.
Key Benefits of Report-
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pay TV operator Industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pay TV operator market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight pay TV operator market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed pay TV operator market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report –
- Which are the leading players active in the pay TV operator market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the pay TV operator market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Pay TV Operator Market Report Highlights
By Products Type
By Price Point
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Charter Communications, Cox Communications, AT&T, DIRECTV, Verizon, Dish Network, Comcast, T-Mobile, Sky, Time Warner Cable