A printed circuit board (PCB) mechanically supports and electrically connects electronic components using conductive tracks, pads, and other features etched from one or more sheet layers of copper laminated onto and/or between sheet layers of a non-conductive substrate. Electrical components are generally soldered onto the PCB to both electrically connect as well as mechanically fasten them to it. Printed circuit boards are used in nearly all electronic products, such as passive switch boxes.
The PCB lamination process begins with the selection of suitable materials. Choosing the right laminate is crucial as it determines stability, lower loss, and optimum performance of the final assembly. Several laminate options are available to support the assembly of printed circuit boards. This blog familiarizes you with the four commonly used PCB laminate materials. A Printed Circuit Board (PCB) is a structure used to connect and support electronic components. PCBs have conductive pathways through which different components are connected across the board.
COVID-19 impact Analysis:
COVID-19 has had a major impact on the world economy in addition to that on the public health. This particular pandemic had caused severe economic destruction and not a single country has been left unaffected. The virus has forced businesses across the globe to change the way typical businesses operate. The Chinese economy having struggled at the start of the pandemic, has recovered strongly, with Chinese manufacturing activity having increased for the 9th straight month according to the National Bureau of Statistics.
Production for Chinese domestic PCBs currently exceeds export orders in many factories and coupled with price increases on raw materials in excess of 35% in some cases, PCB manufacturers are now willing to pass these increased costs to customers, which that were loath to do during the early phases of the pandemic.
The cost of PCB technology is not immune, with ENIG surface finishing costs having increased across all technologies, the impact of these increases being felt more across lower layer count products
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers And Impact Analysis
Mass-producing circuits with PCBs is cheaper and faster than with other wiring methods, as components are mounted and wired in one operation. Large numbers of PCBs can be fabricated at the same time, and the layout only has to be done once. PCBs can also be made manually in small quantities, with reduced benefits
Polyimide laminates offer higher temperature performance than FR4 materials as well as a slight improvement in electrical performance properties. Polyimides materials cost more than FR4 but offer improved survivability in harsh and higher temperature environments. It also is more stable during thermal cycling, with less expansion characteristics, making them suitable for higher layer count constructions
PCB prototypes and low volume PCBs are available in the market which are inexpensive and meet the majority of needs. Free PCB software can easily be found online. It is simple to use by an amateur and efficient for a professionals. PCB circuit boards are designed especially for each circuit and make construction very easy.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of PCB laminate market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of PCB laminate market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight of PCB laminate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the PCB laminate market.
- The report provides a detailed PCB laminate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in PCB Laminate Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in PCB laminate market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the PCB laminate market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the PCB laminate market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
PCB Laminate Market Report Highlights
By Substrate Type
By Enterprise Size
Key Market Players
Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited, Unimicron Technology Corp., Nippon Mektron Ltd.,, Young Poong Electronics Co., Ltd.