Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tube rack is used to secure the PCR test tubes and plates on ice, thermal cyclers, and centrifuges. These racks can hold PCR test tubes with a capacity of 0.1 or 0.5 ml. In addition, many PCR tube racks come with a standard footprint, which makes them easy to be handled by robots. The major application of PCR racks is to prevent the PCR test tubes from sticking during the polymerase chain reaction. Most of these racks are autoclavable so that their contamination could be prevented. Currently, the most widely used PCR tube racks are the ones that come with tight-fitting caps, which prevent the general of aerosols around PCR test tubes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the biotechnology industry is expected to witness significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
Simultaneously, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the PCR tube racks market as the supply chain of raw materials required to manufacture these racks has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of PCR tube racks is declining, as manufacturers of these products have slowed down their production due to the pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
One of the major factors driving the growth of the PCR tube racks market is the growing need for advanced diagnostic techniques and prenatal genetic testing procedures that help detect hereditary diseases in the fetus.
In addition, increased funding for governments of many developed nations for conducting various forms of research based on genomics is accelerating the growth of the PCR tube racks market. This is attributed to the fact that PCR is often used in such research and PCR tube racks are a part of the apparatus in the process.
Moreover, PCR is now being used heavily in pathogen testing. For instance, the use of polymerase chain reaction was at an all-time high for the detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. This factor has helped increase the use of PCR tube racks and led to market growth.
However, lack of skilled personnel to handle the PCR process impedes the growth of the PCR tube racks market.
Key Market Trends
The medical segment accounts for a large share in the PCR tube racks market, as PCR tube racks are often used in PCR in quantifying and detecting low-frequency mutations as well as low levels of pathogens with high frequency.
Increasing research collaborations have fueled the growth and use of PCR tube racks. For instance, in May 2020, Xiamen University and the University of Connecticut were engaged in the procedure of validating a PCR assay for the detection of symbiodiniaceae genera of dinoflagellates. With such research, the use of PCR tube racks increases in the PCR process.
Over the years, the use of PCR has increased for food safety, detection of infections in the agricultural and environmental sample, and in checking water contamination. The use of PCR tube racks is directly related to the use of PCR. Hence, this adoption of PCR in various forms of detections of substances and pathogens has helped in the growth of the market.
North America dominates the PCR tube racks market due to the increased use of PCR in forensics, gene mapping, gene sequencing, paternal tests, and DNA fingerprinting.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the PCR tube racks industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the PCR Tube Racks Report
- Which are the leading players active in the PCR tube racks market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the PCR tube racks market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What are PCR tube racks?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
PCR Tube Racks Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
SARSTEDT AG and Co. KG, Heathrow Scientific, PentaBase, Ratiolab GmbH, Extra Gene, Inc., Merck and Co. Inc., SP Bel-Art, Inc., Boekel Scientific, Plastic Labware, Antylia Scientific