The peak flow meter is a device like a thermometer for asthma patients. The device is used to measure lung function in the body. It is a portable tool that measures airflow or respiratory flow measurement (PEFR) to detect asthma seizures, monitor the treatment of chronic asthma, and provide details of any changes.
This device helps in diagnosing allergies and preventing respiratory infections. However, high flow radiation requires extra care and a cleaning procedure for the treatment of asthma and to prevent the rate of respiratory infection.
Impact of COVID-19 on Peak Flow Meters Market
- There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and the civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in the number of COVID-19 cases globally. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure an adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the peak flow meters market.
- COVID-19 has impacted and completely changed the healthcare sector. More emphasis is given to digital healthcare services and measures to fight COVID-19 to counter the pandemic such as PPE kits, oxygen cylinders.
- This market has also seen a decline in growth rate due to COVID-19 as more focus is given to COVID-19 equipment. Peak flow devices are specially used for asthma which makes the market venerable to changes due to the pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
- The peak flow meters market has grown significantly over the past few years and the trend is expected to continue following the same trend. The number of people globally suffering from chronic respiratory infections continues to increase due to smoking and poor air quality.
- The driving factors for this market include a significant increase in asthma, higher per capita cost of health care, patient awareness, early diagnosis, and treatment of diseases drives the biotechnology medical market which is also expected to boost the market for peak flow meters. Peak flow meters are heavily involved in the treatment of chronic respiratory infections.
- The advancement in devices such as digital peak flow meters, as well as smart pocket peak flow meters, is in demand because of their accurate results, easy to carry, and operate as well as they can easily be connected to phones.
- The high cost of the device especially digital peak flow meters as compared to mechanical peak flow meters as well as the high cost of treatment and drugs is expected to disrupt the growth of the peak flow meters market.
- North America has the largest share in the market with a production market share of close to 40% in the year 2017. According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, approximately 24 million people in the U.S. are affected by asthma, which makes it one of the most common and expensive diseases in the region. Europe is second largest after North America with a market share of nearly 33% in the year 2017 because of health care infrastructure and awareness programs. Climate change is affecting the number of people infected with asthma and the common cold, including children. Advancement in technology, increase in expenditure in the healthcare sector are also a factor that helps in the growth of this market. The market in Asia- Pacific is also increasing rapidly as there is a large population infected with asthma. Lifestyle changes, patient awareness, and an increase in individual will be impacted the market growth.
Medline acquired the recognized respiratory brand Hudson RCI on May 18, 2021. This will increase the respiratory market growth in fighting respiratory diseases such as asthma, COVID, etc.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the peak flow meter industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the peak flow meter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the peak flow meter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the peak flow meters market.
- The report provides a detailed peak flow meter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years
Questions Answered in the Peak flow Meter Report
- Who are the leading players active in the peak flow meter market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is a "peak flow meter"?
- What is the "peak flow meter" market prediction in the future?
Peak Flow Meters Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Koninklijke Philips N.V., JSB Health & Fitness Pvt Ltd., Medline Industries, Inc., Esko Industriesa, ResMed Corp., Dickinson, and Company., Becton, Hoffer Flow Controls, Inc., Siemens., Vitalograph Ltd., John C. Ernst Co., Inc., Haag-Streit Holding AG