According to WHO (World Health Organization), an estimated 276,000 babies die within 4 weeks of birth every year, from congenital anomalies. In many countries, congenital anomalies are important causes of childhood death, chronic illness and disability. The rising incidences of congenital anomalies, increasing adoption rate, rising awareness raised the need for pediatric interventional cardiology devices. Recently, with the development of technology, many new types of pediatric interventional cardiology devices, which are more efficient, have been introduced in the market. The rising incidences of congenital anomalies, increasing adoption rate and rising awareness are the key factors that are driving the growth of pediatric interventional cardiology devices market. Furthermore, the large untapped Asia-Pacific market is now rapidly adopting interventional cardiology, which has increased the demand for pediatric interventional cardiology devices. Factors restraining the market growth are high initial setup cost and presence of stringent regulatory environment.
The global pediatric interventional cardiology devices market is segmented on the basis of product type, application and geography. The types of products considered in this report include catheters, guidewires, balloons, stents, vascular closure devices, atherectomy devices and others. Based on applications, the global pediatric interventional cardiology devices market is classified into angioplasty, valvuloplasty, congenital heart defect correction, percutaneous valve replacement, percutaneous valve repair and coronary thrombectomy. Geographically, the report is segmented into four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Few strategies adopted by major market players are collaboration and product launch. In 2011, Medtronic collaborated with AGA Medicals and recently in 2015, Biotronic announced the launch of its Pantera Pro Coronary Balloon Catheter. The companies profiled in this report are Medtronic Inc., St. Jude Medical, Edward Life Sciences, Terumo Medical, Johnson and Johnson, Biotronic, Boston Scientific, Abbott Vascular, GE Healthcare and Siemens Healthcare.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- Extensive analysis of the global apheresis equipment market by product type helps in understanding the types of equipment that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across various geographies
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global apheresis equipment market is provided
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of leading companies for effective strategy formulation
- The apheresis equipment market scenario is comprehensively analysed in accordance to the key regions
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global pediatric interventional cardiology devices market is segmented as below:
Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Devices Market By Product Type
- Balloon inflation devices
- Vascular closure devices
- Atherectomy devices
- Others (IVUS, OCT, NIRS)
Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Devices Market By Applications
- Congenital heart defect correction
- Percutaneous valve replacement
- Percutaneous valve repair
- Coronary thrombectomy
Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Devices Market By Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America