Paediatrics medicines belong to the special category of medicines that are prescribed for the paediatrics group of patients, in different indications. These drugs are prescribed in different diseases such as anorexia, birth defects, asthma and others. Several acts such as Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act (BPCA) and the Pediatrics Research Equity Act (PREA) has been passed to increase the R&D investments on paediatric medicines. The drivers that drive the market growth are rise in prevalence of diseases such as diabetes and obesity in children along with awareness in people. In addition, rise in government funding and awareness programs also fuel the market growth. However, low disposable income and side effects such as headache along with anxiety restraints the market growth. Technological developments in the field of paediatrics medicine will prove as a future opportunity in the market growth.
The report segments the market on the basis of type and region. Based on type, the market can be segmented into short term illness such as ear infection, upper respiratory infections & others, and chronic illness such as cystic fibrosis, diabetes and others. Regionally, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the market are Lupin, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd, Abbott Laboratories, Heron Therapeutics Inc., Eli Lilly & Company, Novartis A.G, Merck Co.Ltd., and Cipla Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pediatrics medicine market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Comprehensive quantitative analysis of the industry is provided for the period of 20162023 to assiststakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the key segments of the industry helps in understanding the trends in types of pediatrics medicine across the globe.
- Key market players and their strategies have been provided to understand the competitive outlook of theindustry.
Pediatrics Medicine Market Key Segments:
- Short Term Illness
- Ear Infection
- Upper Respiratory Infections
- Chronic Illness
- Cystic Fibrosis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA