The pelvic floor stimulator produces neuromuscular electrical stimulation through the pelvic floor for strengthening pelvic floor muscles. It is delivered generally by anal or vaginal probes attached to an external pulse generator. According to various parameters such as stimulus intensity, amplitude (mA), the number of treatment days in a week, stimulus frequency (Hz), length of each treatment session, clinic or home settings, and location, the method of pelvic floor electric stimulation varies. For patients experiencing urologic disorders, like prostatic hyperplasia, urinary retention, benign, kidney stones, and cystitis, this device is recommended. The requirement for pelvic floor electrical stimulation devices is experiencing growth because of the rise in consumer inclination toward the product.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the pelvic floor stimulator market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in cases of urinary incontinence and other pelvic floor disorders, surge in awareness about usage of pelvic floor stimulators, rise in geriatric population, initiatives by various non-profit organizations and government, and increase in demand for home care, are factors that drive the growth of pelvic floor stimulator market
- In addition, an increase in healthcare expenditure; collaborations & partnerships between key players to facilitate development; rise in R&D activities to launch novel developed products in the market; and technological advancements are some factors, which boost the market growth for pelvic floor stimulator.
- However, a lack of knowledge for proper handling of the device as well as side effects and associated complications hinder the pelvic floor stimulator market growth.
- Contrarily, support from the government for regulatory approval and favorable reimbursement policies present new pathways in the pelvic floor stimulator industry.
Pelvic Floor Stimulator Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2021, Atlantic Therapeutics developed a wearable electric muscle stimulator and received FDA approval for treating stress urinary incontinence.
In February 2018, Zynex introduced the NeuroMove. This was designed to aid stroke survivors in recovering movement using the brain’s ability to rewire itself.
In March 2019, InControl Medical received the FDA approval for the first over-the-counter at-home pelvic floor electrical stimulation devices to manage urinary incontinence among women.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pelvic floor stimulator industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the pelvic floor stimulator market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the pelvic floor stimulator market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed pelvic floor stimulator market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the pelvic floor stimulator Report
- Which are the leading players active in the pelvic floor stimulator market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the pelvic floor stimulator market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Pelvic floor stimulator"?
- What is "Pelvic floor stimulator" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Pelvic floor stimulator" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Pelvic floor stimulator" market report?
Pelvic Floor Stimulator Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
KayCo 2 Ltd., The Prometheus Group, Atlantic Therapeutics, Utah Medical Products, Inc., Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited, Tic Medizintechnik GmbH, Zynex Medical, InControl Medical Limited, Verity Medical Ltd., TensCare Ltd, Laborie, Inc.