A pencil sharpener is a device that is used for refining a pencil's writing point by shredding away its worn surface. Pencil sharpeners can be operated manually, using electric motor, or a battery. Sharpeners have a covering around them so as to ease the removal of pencil shavings into a trash bin.
In the current scenario, consumerism is growing and the product life span is declining. The major challenge for the pencil sharpener market players is thorough analyses of the consumer’s preference and potential target user group. Based on the analysis, the marketing and design departments in enterprises develop innovative sharpeners depending on the customer needs such as cosmetic pencil sharpeners and drawing pencil sharpeners.
The major factors that drive the growth of the pencil sharpeners market include rise in demand for electric sharpeners, growth in educational expenditure, and increase in product innovations. Furthermore, increase in government grants towards the education sector in developing economies and rise in demand for state-of‐the-art educational infrastructure in developed economies supplement the market growth.
The global pencil sharpeners market is segmented based on product, end user, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is categorized into manual sharpeners, electric sharpeners, battery sharpeners, and others. End users covered in the study include school kids, college, creative business house, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Major companies profiled in the report include Bostitch Office, Baumgartens, Elmers, Faber-Castell, Fun Express, Integra, KUM&KUM, Officemate, Prismacolor, and Staedtler.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations in the global pencil sharpeners market is provided.
- The report offers a competitive scenario of the market with growth trends, structure, drivers, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- It includes a detailed analysis of the key segments to provide insights on market dynamics.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers and the competitive structure to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
Pencil Sharpeners Market Key Segmentation:
- Manual Sharpeners
- Electric Sharpeners
- Battery Sharpeners
- Others (Handheld & Specialized)
By End User
- School Kids
- Creative Business House
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Bostitch Office
- Fun Express