Penile cancer is a rare form of cancer-specific to the male reproductive organ penis. It is a malignant growth found in the tissues of the penis. It is generally caused by body fluid that gets entangled into the skin. If these body fluids are not wiped away regularly, they may cause cancer. The most common viruses that cause penile cancer are acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and human papillomavirus (HPV). Moreover, other factors include smoking, poor hygiene, and other skin diseases. Penile cancer is more likely to affect smokers and older men. Bleeding, lumps, redness, and sores are some of the signs and symptoms of penile cancer. Initially, physical examination of the penis is done to diagnose penile cancer and followed the biopsy of the outgrowth (warts/papules or skin abscess). The common mode of treatment for penile cancer is chemotherapy, antiviral therapy, and surgical excision. Surgical methods are classified on the type of procedure appropriate for removing the tumor; microsurgery, circumcision, excision, or penectomy (castration) are the generally followed procedures.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the penile cancer treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in incidences of penile cancer is act as a major driver for the growth of market.
- In addition, rise in adoption of penile cancer treatment in emerging economies will create new opportunities for market.
- Furthermore, rise in the awareness among people about penile cancer and its treatment, and advancement in technology coupled with personalized medicine, and cost effective treatment procedures for penile cancer boost the growth of the market.
- However, lack of inadequate reimbursement policies, low healthcare budget, and commercially less availability of drugs for the treatment of penile cancer are the factors which is projected to hamper the growth of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In October 2018, Merck & Co., Inc., received approval from the FDA for extended ages both women and men for Gardasil 9, a vaccination against Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) for the treatment of cervical cancer which are responsible for anal, oropharyngeal, and penile cancers among men, genital warts, and other diseases caused by certain strains of HPV for patients up to 45 year old.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the penile cancer treatment market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Penile Cancer Treatment Market Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the penile cancer treatment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is penile cancer treatment market?
- What is penile cancer treatment market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the penile cancer treatment market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the penile cancer treatment market report?
Penile Cancer Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
By Route of Administration
By End User
Key Market Players
Pfizer Inc., Fresenius Kabi AG, Merck and Co., Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Cipla Inc., Sanofi, F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd.