Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography is a therapeutic technique to observe the anatomy of the biliary tract. It is a radiologic technique, where a contrast medium is injected into a bile duct prior to executing an X-ray.
Increase in incidence of biliary duct obstruction and gallstones, rise in geriatric population, changes in lifestyle, and continuous shift towards junk food results in numerous gastrointestinal (GI) disorders drive the market. However, factors such as high cost of procedure and chances of complications during technique impede the market growth. Furthermore, increase in incidence of colon & rectum cancer and improvement in healthcare infrastructure provide numerous opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into PTC plastic pancreatic & biliary stenting procedures and PTC metal pancreatic & biliary stenting procedures. On the basis of application, the market is divided into jaundice, stone removal, postoperative or posttraumatic bile leakage, and others. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include B. Braun Melsungen AG, KARL STORZ, Cardinal Health, and GE Healthcare.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that influence the market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidate competitive outlook of the market.
Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiography Market Key Segments:
- PTC Plastic Pancreatic & Biliary Stenting Procedures
- PTC Metal Pancreatic & Biliary Stenting Procedures
- Stone Removal
- Postoperative or Posttraumatic Bile Leakage
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA