The fluorinated synthetic fluid family includes perfluoropolyether (PFPE). PFPEs are non-toxic, non-flammable, and chemically resistant low molecular weight partly fluorinated oxetane oligomeric polyols. They are employed in temperatures ranging from 80 to 200 degrees Celsius. PFPEs are polymeric species with perfluorinated methyl-, ethyl-, or isopropyl ether units repeating per fluorinated methyl-, ethyl-, or isopropyl ether units. They come in a number of different application-specific end groups. Their molecular structure varies depending on the application, from linear to branch to a combination of both. Photo-initiated oxidative polymerization is used to make them. PFPE fluids are divided into four types: PFPE-K, PFPE-M, PFPE-Y, and PFPE-Z. Oxygen, carbon, and fluorine atoms are present in all PFPE fluids. Each sort of fluid, on the other hand, is made up of distinct beginning components and manufacturing techniques. These structural changes have an impact on the fluid's temperature resistance, wear resistance, lubricity, and volatility.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The implications of COVID-19 and the oil price war are proving to be a two-pronged challenge for the oil, gas, and chemical sectors. Due to factory slowdowns and travel restrictions, oil prices are falling due to the failure of output reduction discussions, and demand for chemicals and refined commodities is weakening in the middle of this worldwide epidemic. While chemical production increased in some categories in January 2020 compared to December 2019, it decreased in February compared to January and in March compared to February. Leading producers are cutting capital and operating investment because of the recession. Manufacturing activities in these industries have been hampered by labor shortages and difficulties in obtaining raw supplies. Given the increase in investment, the COVID-19 pandemic problem could have an impact on development until the end of 2020. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic has damaged the PFPE market-affected sector even further.
Top Impacting Factors
The PFPE market is being driven by demand for non-toxic, non-flammable, corrosion-resistant lubricant standards, development in the automotive industry, rising defense budgets, and advancements in aircraft technology. In the aerospace industry, PFPE is widely utilized as instrument-bearing grease, joint-bearing grease in aircraft fuel systems, and astronaut spacesuit bearing grease. It is also commonly used to coat the surfaces of tiles, stones, ceramics, and glass to impart qualities like oil and water repellency, as well as minimal adhesion and friction. Perfluoropolyether (PFPE) is basically inert against chemical and oxidizing pressures due to the existence of exceptionally stable C-O and C-F bonds, making it an ideal match for situations with extensive chemical exposure and high temperature instability, particularly in the aerospace industry.
- Manufacturing of automobiles has improved substantially in recent years. Rapid industrialization is expected to boost car output in places like Asia Pacific. The rise in automotive production is expected to boost the demand for lubricants like perfluoropolyether in the near future. As a result, the OEM industry is likely to see significant corporate growth potential. Perfluoropolyether plays a critical function as a non-toxic lubricant in a variety of automotive applications, which is projected to drive the perfluoropolyether industry forward in the future years.
- Because of the growing number of air travelers around the world, the use of PFPE in the aircraft industry is rapidly expanding. Increased manufacturing of fuel-efficient and lightweight carriers has resulted from an increase in the number of air passengers, providing profitable opportunities for PFPE suppliers.
- The increased demand and acceptance of smart wearables, smartphones, and other handheld devices will promote PFPE consumption in the consumer electronics sector. PFPE makers will undoubtedly benefit from ongoing technical advancements in the electronics area.
- Because of its great vulnerability to highly oxidative and reactive chemicals, perfluoropolyether is employed in vacuum pumps to handle gases like ozone and nitric oxides without affecting the parent fluid. Because most fluids are impermeable to the PFPE chain, during dye diffusion tests, perfluoropolyether is cross-linked with elastomers to prevent swelling-induced leakage.
- Government regulations are becoming more focused on carbon emissions, which should help businesses grow. One of the primary factors for the perfluoropolyether (PFPE) market growth is its low cost and high strength, which provides protection in heavy load conditions. Product demand should be driven by increased use of the PFPE K in engine and machine manufacture.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the perfluoropolyether market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Perfluoropolyether’ market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the perfluoropolyether’ market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed perfluoropolyether market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Perfluoropolyether Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the perfluoropolyether market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is perfluoropolyether?
- What does perfluoropolyether allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make perfluoropolyether critical organizational asset?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Perfluoropolyether Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Saint Gobain, Chemours Company, Halocarbon Product Corporation, Daikin, M&I Materials Limited, Kluber Lubrication, ICAN, Dow Corning, Solvay Solexis, Corning Inc., DuPont, ACG Group