The demand for perforated packaging film has been driven by the need to keep food fresh and safe during storage, transportation, and display. Micro-perforated films are micro-perforated films that are used to package food, groceries, and other commercial items. Pin-shaped holes, also known as micro-perforation, are used to allow products to breathe, extending their shelf life and improving their overall performance. These films can be used to alter the oxygen transmission rate according to the entire product. Paint-based packaging is one such idea that has already gained traction and is playing an essential role in minimizing food waste in retail stores.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The perforated packaging film market was negatively affected due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The packaging industries for meat, cheese, fruits and vegetables, seafood, confectionery and others were shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic this decreases the demand for perforated packaging film.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the imposition of lockdown due to which the production of perforated packaging film decreased and the global supply chain was affected.
- The perforated packaging film market faced downfall of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
Perforated packaging is used to extend the shelf life of an integrated product by ensuring that the proper amount of air is spread inside the package rather than preventing it. It has enough openings to let just enough air inside the bag to keep the items fresh and crispy. As the food and beverage sector expands, so does the need for film-based film packaging. The product is securely wrapped in a plastic cover when folded packaging is used. The air can be changed to fit the oxygen transfer rate of the afflicted vegetables or fruits using robotic air packs. It gives a product a fresh appearance and boosts sales, lowering the product's profitability. The growing demand for processed and packaged foods can be ascribed to a fast changing lifestyle; urbanization, as well as rising disposable income among middle-class families, is a driving force for the perforated packaging film industry. The incapacity of perforated packaging to successfully protect its product against chemicals and physical harm is the largest challenge for the perforated packaging film sector. The inadequacy of perforated packaging to successfully protect its product against chemicals and physical harm is the most significant challenge for the perforated packaging film sector.
- North America leads the perforated packaging film market due to high processed meat and packaged food consumption.
- Due to rapidly changing regional lifestyles, a growth in the number of modern retail locations, and consumption of processed meat and packaged food, Asia-Pacific is predicted to develop at the quickest rate during the forecast period.
- Market players are adopting many strategies such as acquisition, mergers, contract, new product launch, agreement and partnership to expand their business.
- In February 2015, Rockwell Solutions launched a new line of laser-perforated light or hole-punched peelable lidding for the new product. The company has invested in new grades to meet the packaging needs of the fresh fruit market. PermaClear anti-fog technology from Rockwell Solutions will be used on new lines. According to European packaging, this technology might be used to turn off any type of tray.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the perforated packaging film industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the perforated packaging film market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the perforated packaging film market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed perforated packaging film market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Perforated Packaging Film Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
THE NEW PACK, Bagla Group, Jiaxing Reliable Packaging Technology, Yorkshire Packaging Systems, Mondi, Transcontinental, BollorÃ Films, Sealed Air, Amcor, Uflex, Sechea Packaging