Drug eluting devices are devices that are coated with anti-proliferated agent. These devices exert antirestenotic efficacy on the vessel wall to remove the blockade within the blood vessels caused by deposition of plaque.
Factors such as rise in geriatric population, high incidence of peripheral artery disease (PAD), advancement of technology in peripheral intervention devices, increased demand for minimal invasive procedures, and demand for drug coated devices to show antirestenotic effect drive the market growth. However, availability of conventional treatments and product recalls restrain the market growth. Moreover, introduction of bioresorbable stents and development of healthcare infrastructure regarding peripheral diseases in untapped market provide opportunities for the market growth.
The peripheral intervention drug-eluting devices market is segmented on the basis of procedure, type, and region. On the basis of procedure, it is divided into plain old balloon angioplasty (POBA) and percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA). On the basis on type, it is classified into drug-eluting balloons and drug-eluting stents. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players in the market include Medtronic plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Cardinal Health, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biosensors International Group Ltd., C.R. Bard, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc., The Lubrizol Corporation, and Terumo Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps in understanding the various procedures used for treatment of peripheral intervention.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Peripheral Intervention Drug-eluting Devices Market Key Segments:
- Plain Old Balloon Angioplasty (POBA)
- Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA)
- Drug-Eluting Balloons
- Drug-Eluting Stents
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA