Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) Market Overview:
Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) Market is expected to garner $31.1 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 10.9% during the forecast period 2016-2022. Permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs) are AC synchronous motors that receive field excitation by permanent magnets. These motors have sinusoidal back-EMF and are similar to brushless DC (BLDC) motors. PMSMs provide durability as well as electric stability and ensure reliable performance.
Major factors influencing the market growth are rising need and demand for energy-efficient low power-consuming motors, growing demand of PMSMs in industrial and agricultural sectors, and increasing awareness towards the use of green vehicles. Furthermore, increasing emphasis on the maintenance and use of standard motors is likely to create opportunities for market growth in the future.
The market is segmented based on voltage range, application, and geography. Based on the voltage range, it includes above 60V, 41V‐60V, 31V‐40V, 21V‐30V, 10V‐20V, and 9V and below. The applications assessed in the report include automation, consumer electronics, residential & commercial, automotive & transportation, lab equipment, medical, and military/aerospace. Geographically, the PMSM market is divided across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific held the largest market share in 2015; however, LAMEA is likely to witness highest growth during the forecast period owing to increase in demand for these motors.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides integrated information on the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities influencing the industry growth during the forecast period.
- SWOT analysis of major brands highlights their weaknesses, strengths, opportunities, and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region-wise business performance is likely to be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- Frameworks such as Porters Five Forces and value chain analysis, highlight the industry competitiveness and the role of the various stakeholders involved in the delivery of final product.
- This study further outlines the prominent market players and their business strategies to maintain their position.
Key market players profiled in the report are DRS Technologies, Emerson, General Electric, Siemens AG, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, and Toshiba Corp.
PERMANENT MAGNET SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR MARKET SEGMENTATION
The world permanent magnet synchronous motor market is divided based on voltage range, application, and geography.
PERMANENT MAGNET SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR MARKET - BY VOLTAGE RANGE
- Above 60V
- 9V and below
PERMANENT MAGNET SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR MARKET - BY APPLICATION
- Consumer Electronics
- Residential & Commercial
- Automotive & Transportation
- Lab Equipment
PERMANENT MAGNET SYNCHRONOUS MOTOR MARKET - BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific